Head of Multi-Asset
Our investment process follows a risk budgeting approach to ensure portfolios are aligned correctly to where we want to have risk in portfolios and to ensure there is consistent application of the process across products. Another key consideration for how our funds are positioned relative to their product peer group categories. The Investment Team is growing and its scope is expanding thereby providing a thriving environment for career progression in a new dedicated role and function.
Principal Duties of the position, including but not limited to:
- To be the named portfolio manager on a number of flagship funds
- Manage a team of Portfolio managers in constructing portfolios in order to outperform their performance targets.
- Ensure that portfolios are consistent with the Investment Committee strategic view as well as being aligned to key product objectives
- Help to design active investment risk strategies and effective implementation of risk budgeting for portfolio managers
- Responsible for developing quantitative techniques that support investment decisions
- Analyse and be a thought leader in helping to optimise portfolio return and risk across all products under management
- Develop models to identify the factors that drive performance and enhance it, seek new ways of constructing portfolios and challenging investment ideas
- Support Portfolio Managers through critical analysis of the composition of funds
- Ad hoc projects as required
- 12+ years' experience in asset management.
- Extensive experience in multi asset fund of fund portfolio management.
- Experience of managing a team
- Quantitative/Business based University Degree.
- CFA qualification is advantageous.
- Excellent analytical skills, knowledge of numerical & quantitative research techniques
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and lead others
- Programming skills desirable
- Numeracy, accuracy and attention to detail as a pre-requisite as is the ability to work to deadlines in a team based environment
- Strong analytical and communication skills (both oral & written)
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required