Prudential Risk Manager
- Advising clients on the impact of the changing risk environment impacting Banks particularly the risks covered by Prudential regulation within the UK
- Providing subject matter expertise on liquidity and treasury regulation (such as ILAAP and ICAAP), bank business model change in the form of the impact of the Independent Commission on Banking (ICB) reform or challenge to a banks risk frameworks which measure interest rate and liquidity risk.
- Managing and delivering engagements (which might include multi-disciplinary engagements), which would typically include risk framework reviews, gap analysis, transformational support, remediation, training
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with clients and building an external network.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with KPMG colleagues and building an internal network.
- Active mentoring, coaching and development of colleagues.
- Playing a role in business development for the Banking team and wider business, which might include building of propositions and taking these to market as well as identifying opportunities for on-sell from existing client engagements.
- Playing a role in research, insight development and knowledge management.
- The delivery of all client work/internal projects to a high standard.
Skills and Qualifications
- Knowledge of the PRA's approach to regulatory liquidity or capital management and related prudential issues such as ICB reform
- An understanding of the PRA's and the FCA's Supervisory Frameworks.
- The ability to be flexible and work across a number of sectors within the financial services industry.
- Industry recognised qualification (e.g. CISI, CFA etc.) desirable but not essential.
- Effective oral and written communicator (the role will involve report writing).
- Planning and project management skills.
- Issue identification and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to achieve results, even when faced with obstacles or setbacks.
- Positive and flexible attitude to work and a willingness to embrace new initiatives.
- Networking, influencing and stakeholder management.
- Confident and highly motivated individual.
- Flexibility to work across the UK (and internationally) where required
Experience and Knowledge
- Substantial relevant banking sector experience
- Experience of prudential regulation, ILAAP or ICAAP development , Treasury / liquidity / Market Risk management or part of a Bank's ICB reform activities.
- Experience of working in a professional services firm or in a regulatory environment (e.g. a regulated firms' compliance department or PRA/FCA).
- Demonstrable record of project management.
- Demonstrable record of issue identification and problem solving.
- Demonstrable record of delivering high-quality outputs on time/within budget.
- Demonstrable record of balancing commercial and compliance considerations desirable but not essential