Analyst/Associate Director, Non-Banks Financial Institutions, Frankfurt (21241)
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is comprised of: Fitch Ratings, a global leader in credit ratings and research; Fitch Solutions, an industry-leading provider of credit risk products and services; and Fitch Learning, a preeminent training and professional development firm. With dual headquarters in London and New York, Fitch Group is owned by Hearst.
Fitch complies with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which it operates, and provides equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All applications will be considered without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, and other status protected by applicable laws.
The Fitch Ratings Financial Institutions Group has actively built the agency into the global leader in bank credit rating coverage with strong market positions in banks and increasingly non-bank financial institutions (NBFI). Our experienced analysts provide comprehensive, timely and transparent coverage of major institutions around the world, as well as unparalleled coverage of smaller companies. Our analysts offer a diversity of talent and backgrounds, with experience in regulatory oversight, counterparty analysis, auditing, investment banking, buy-side investing and more.
The EMEA NBFI team, based in London and Frankfurt, forms part of the Financial Institutions group and covers a range of NBFI segments, including investment managers, securities firms, finance and leasing companies along with exchanges and clearing houses in the EMEA region. The NBFI rating process includes a detailed assessment of a company's stand-alone credit profile as well as of the likelihood and nature of external support should the entity experience financial difficulties. Quantitative aspects of an entity's credit profile are reviewed, such as balance sheet integrity, profitability and cash flow generating capacity. The analysts also evaluate qualitative factors of the institution, such as strategy and quality of management, the environment in which it operates, and the most likely future development of its business. Final rating determinations are made by committees comprised of analysts and seasoned independent committee members, including Fitch Ratings senior management.
We are currently looking for an Analyst or Associate Director to join our NBFI team in Frankfurt.
Primary duties will include:
- Monitoring a portfolio of issuer ratings, including the preparation of rating committee documentation
- Writing and publishing of comprehensive rating reports on individual issuers (based on public information and management meetings with the rated entities)
- Participation in credit rating committees for issuers in their allocated region and other countries
- Regular interaction with contacts at issuers and liaison with issuers' senior management at rating meetings
- Publication of sector-specific research and insightful commentary
- Responding to external queries from investors, bankers and other fixed income market participants.
Qualifications and Experience:
The successful candidate will have a strong background in financial institutions and/or corporate credit analysis. Suitable candidates should have the following qualifications and experience:
- Relevant experience gained as a counterparty, bank or corporate analyst, auditor, regulator, consultant or relationship manager.
- Educated to 2.1 degree level, or equivalent, with a professional qualification (ACA, CFA) an advantage.
- Excellent demonstrable written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Proficiency in Russian is a requirement; proficiency in any other major European languages, in particular French and/or Turkish, is desirable but not necessary.
- Ability to work independently as well as being a good team player.
- Ability to cope with time pressure and work to deadlines is essential.
- Ability to travel when required.
- Experience in analysing one or several of Fitch's NBFI sectors (finance companies, investment managers, securities firms, financial market infrastructure companies) and/or experience in leveraged finance credit analysis is desirable.