Product Development & Governance Manager
Invesco is a leading global asset management firm with more than $937B* in assets under management. We provide our retail and institutional clients a diverse and comprehensive range of investment capabilities to help people get more out of life. Invesco is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (IVZ) and has about 7,000 employees in over 20 countries.
(*As of December 31, 2017)
Job Purpose (Job Summary):
To ensure successful delivery of new product initiatives and changes within the North American business
Support global product governance planning and execution
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
* Lead (project manage) North American product initiatives from approval to implementation milestones in partnership with Product Strategy.
* Contribute across all phases of the product development and change lifecycles with an emphasis on technical and regulatory business case inputs (e.g., risk, operations, investments, etc.)
* Successfully lead efforts to manage any issues and risks related to product initiatives
* Manage expectations and escalate any potential delays, issues and risks related to implementation of product initiatives
* Continuously support Invesco stakeholders during product initiatives
* Contribute to the development and maintenance of North American product strategy in conjunction with the Strategy and Development team
* Take on ad hoc projects as required with respect to technical product requirements and regulatory change and develop end to end solutions to support business needs
* Produce, maintain and present global product governance reports and North America product news and reports
* Project manage global product forum meetings
* Assist with special projects or new responsibilities as needed
Work Experience / Knowledge:
* Prefer five years within the investment management or financial services industry.
* Understanding of or direct experience in one or more of functional areas that support the product process including but not limited to fund administration, pricing, tax, legal and compliance, account transitions, trading and portfolio operations
* Basic understanding of pooled investment vehicle structures and North American financial regulation
* Significant knowledge of financial markets with some type of investment experience preferred
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
* Project management, organization, and coordination skills
* Strong collaboration and relationship skills
* Commitment to continuous technical, tax and regulatory knowledge enhancement
* Self-motivated, achievement oriented
* Communicating effectively to gain understanding, facilitate agreement and convey clear messages
* Technical reporting skills using Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and other technology solutions; research and analysis, coding VBA and R capabilities are a plus
* Problem solving skills, using fact-based decision making, working collaboratively with others
* Promotes continuous improvement in a changing environment
Formal Education: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
* Bachelor’s degree required
* CFA or other financial designations are preferable
* Limited travel is expected (10%)
FLSA (US Only): Exempt
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.
Invesco's culture of inclusivity and its commitment to diversity in the workplace are demonstrated through our people practices. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, or veteran status. Our equal opportunity employment efforts comply with all applicable U.S. state and federal laws governing non-discrimination in employment.