Operational Risk Manager - IHC
Overall purpose of role
- The individual is responsible for executing Americas activities driven by Regulatory rules, coupled with existing BAU duties for Operational Risk Management within the Americas.
- These initiatives include maintaining the processes and executing on CCAR, DFAST, and all regulatory requirements for Operational Risk Americas.
- The individual will be responsible for working alongside the Intermediate holding company (IHC) Operational Risk director execute on all regulatory requirements for Operational Risk Americas. This involves but is not limited to:
- Coordinate the relationship with the Risk Identification team, including design and delivery of Operational Risk taxonomies
- Run the IHC scenario analysis process across all operational, conduct and legal risks, including coordinating with stakeholders, aggregating information, and preparing materials
- Manage the relationship with Finance, the fixed form team, and PPNR team for submissions of FRY-14Q and FRY-14A reports
- Assist in the execution of IHC Stress models, monitoring the models performance through CCAR cycles and through Independent Validation (IVU)
- Execute scenario contributions to the BHC internal stress scenarios. This involves providing scenario analysis output, and reviewing macroeconomic data for model interpretation on a regular basis.
Stakeholder management and leadership.
- The individual will be responsible for working closely with senior management within the Americas, Barclays Group, and regulators
- Assist in communication to regulators and regulatory responses (MRAs, MRIAs, etc) including preparing materials and reports for discussion
- Assist in the legal forecast process with the litigation team, finance, and treasury
- Working closely with senior management and colleagues in executing on plans, escalating issues, and presenting CCAR/DFAST results
Decision making and problem solving.
As many processes have been recently developed for the IHC specifically, the individual will be responsible for:
- Addressing both internal and external findings quickly using an analytical frame of mind
- Write and edit documentation to create the comprehensive CCAR delivery submission package
- Preparing and creating Management reports on an ad-hoc basis, including analysing stress testing output
- Bachelor's Degree (BA/BS)
- 5+ years of Business Analysis/Project Management experience in the financial services industry
- 5+ years of subject matter expertise within Operational Risk or the risk and control (Finance) function of an investment bank and/or retail business
- Professional Accounting and/or Finance qualification preferred (i.e. CPA/CFA)
- Knowledge and experience of the regulatory landscape and the changes impacting Foreign Banking Organisations in the USA
- Operational Risk, Audit and/or Finance Consulting experience
- Working knowledge of Investment Banking / Financial Services products
- Working knowledge of Bank Holding Company (BHC), CCAR reporting requirements or Basel I II/III capabilities
- Experience and knowledge of Risk and Finance management reporting and related control frameworks
- Strong Powerpoint skills and knowledge of (Microsoft Suite including Excel, Word, and Visio)
- Ability to understand and deal with competing priorities
- Ability to be able to take initiative, analyze, summarize, and communicate effectively both in writing and orally
- A strong, polished presence and ability to challenge opinions with confidence and professionalism.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills