Senior Analyst, Specialty Finance
As one of Canada's Best Managed Companies for 15 consecutive years, Concentra prides itself on fostering employee engagement and a workplace of openness and respect.
Concentra is Canada’s leading provider of wholesale banking and trust solutions to credit unions from coast to coast. With deep co-operative roots, Concentra is focused on creating value for the credit union system. We partner with credit unions to ensure over five million Canadian members can choose competitive financial services from their local credit union.
Concentra Trust – a wholly-owned subsidiary – has been delivering estate and trust services nationwide for over 65 years.
Concentra employees enjoy a competitive total rewards package and flexible work environment. We are looking for a results oriented leader to join our team in our Regina, Saskatoon, or Toronto location.
The primary purpose of this position involves responsibilities for the active management of specialty finance portfolio from third party origination channel including assessing third party underwriting guidelines, managing the specialty finance credit review process, and annual originator/servicer review. As a key member of front office, this position will also support industry research, monitor industry trending and best practice. Internally, this position will work closely with Risk, Compliance, Legal, Corporate Analytics, IT, and Operation teams. Externally, this position will interact with third party origination channels and evaluate their performance & capabilities on regular basis.
Support specialty finance originator management and evaluation by:
- Monitor & evaluate third party originator underwriting, collection & delinquency management, and merchant/broker management
- Assist annual originator/ servicer due diligence, audit and evaluation
- Quarterly and ad hoc meetings with third party originators
- Review key performance indicators monthly
Manage specialty finance portfolio through:
- Assess and ensure underwriting guidelines are followed by third party originator
- Ensure disciplined execution of applicable corporate credit policies, strategies and market best practices
- Approve loans within specified limits or recommend loans to be approved by Credit Risk
- Review the funding parameters before loans are funded
- Ensure loan agreements are complete and accurate according to policies, procedures and standards
- Monitor broker, carrier management & exposure
- Develop, review and recommend changes to underwriting guidelines and procedures
- Refine and develop reporting to properly analyze the risk characteristics of the portfolio, ensure the bank is properly secured and in compliance with all credit policy requirements
- Refine, develop, implement and evaluate processes and procedures across the credit and collections life cycle partnering with internal teams and third party originators
Support & contribute to industry research & monitoring by:
- Act as a product specialist with internal & external stakeholders regarding specialty finance
- Assisting credit portfolio strategy and diversification research
- Provide market expertise regarding specialty finance to colleagues, internal & external stakeholders
- Monitor specialty finance industry best practice, competitive landscape, and industry trending
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant and progressive experience - preferably in small business lending, supply chain finance, trade finance, private debt asset management, property & casualty insurance carrier, broker, premium finance or a related field
- University degree or equivalent - preferably in finance, business, or a related field
- Accredited property & casualty insurance professional is preferred
More searches like this
- Banking Non-Banking Financial Institution (Consumer finance, Leasing, factoring, etc.) Passed CIPM Expert Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Brokerage Non-Banking Financial Institution (Consumer finance, Leasing, factoring, etc.) Passed CIPM Expert Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Compliance/Regulatory Non-Banking Financial Institution (Consumer finance, Leasing, factoring, etc.) Passed CIPM Expert Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Corporate Finance Non-Banking Financial Institution (Consumer finance, Leasing, factoring, etc.) Passed CIPM Expert Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Credit Analysis Non-Banking Financial Institution (Consumer finance, Leasing, factoring, etc.) Passed CIPM Expert Full Time jobs in Bachelors