Manager, Portfolio Advisor
Manager, Portfolio Advisor
Sullivan, Bruyette, Speros & Blayney (SBSB) has a current opening for a Portfolio Advisor to join our Wealth Advisory Practice in McLean, VA. This position works collaboratively with SBSB’s Portfolio Management Team in the delivery of high quality services to our clients.
About Sullivan, Bruyette, Speros & Blayney (SBSB)
Are you looking to be part of a collegial, client-focused, fee-only wealth advisory firm? SBSB takes a thoughtful, thorough, and personalized approach to providing financial planning, portfolio management, tax, and fiduciary services to our clients.
SBSB is committed to investing in our people and nurturing team members who embrace our philosophy of developing deep expertise, providing excellent client service, and putting clients’ needs first. Our collaborative, team-oriented environment results in exceptional opportunities for long-term professional development.
Key Portfolio Advisor Responsibilities
Client/Financial Planning Team Servicing:
- Begin to serve as a primary contact for appropriate clients and financial planning teams for portfolio related items, including monitoring necessary accounts/investments, selecting appropriate investment strategies for clients, developing customized strategic asset allocations, and preparing for meetings and completing follow up items.
- Prepare, review and deliver investment plans, investment policy statements and other portfolio analysis/recommendations to clients and their financial planning teams.
- Effectively communicate SBSB philosophy and investment management concepts and strategies to clients, both written and orally.
- Understand and communicate the connection between a client’s portfolio and their financial plan – returns needed, cash flow needs, risk tolerance, etc.
- Respond to client phone calls and emails regarding portfolio management issues
- Help create webinar and seminar presentations.
Portfolio Management and Research:
- Begin to take a leadership role in team and firm projects.
- Help create portfolio management department objectives and keep team working towards goals.
- Assist in preparing agenda, research, and recommended investment ideas and/or strategies to be presented at bi-weekly Investment Policy Committee (IPC) meetings.
- Keep notes and help team develop guidelines for efficient implementation of IPC recommendations.
- Analyze stock options, concentrated stock positions and risk management strategies.
- Support overall PM department research using tools such as FactSet, Morningstar, et al.
- Have a key role in developing templates and visuals for presentations to IPC and financial planning teams.
- Mentor, train and evaluate Associates and Senior Associates within the Portfolio Management department.
- Assist in some aspects of portfolio trading, tax-loss harvesting, rebalancing and dollar-cost averaging.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; major in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Mathematics preferred.
- CFA preferred; CFP® certification or MBA a plus.
- Knowledge of the portfolio management process, related services, and client servicing needs.
- Strong communication and analytical skills with ability to present portfolio information to clients.
- Ability to manage support staff.
More searches like this
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Alternatives Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Equities Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Fixed Income Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Multi-Asset Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors