Insurance Sales Manager
Hang Seng's Retail Distribution focuses on personal wealth management and financial services. Our one-stop wealth management initiatives are designed for both our affluent and mass integrated account customers. With more than 250 branches and automated banking centres, including over 50 Prestige Banking Centres for our high-end personal customers, we serve over half of the adult population, offering an extensive range of products.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our branch network as Insurance Sales Manager.
- Formulate and implement sales strategic plans to achieve life insurance business targets assigned to the branch network
- Devise and drive tactical programs to elevate the professionalism and consultative selling skills of our sales staff
- Support Area Insurance Manager/Branch Manager in formulating and implementing sales directives and drive relevant marketing activities for insurance
- Ensure sales staff are capable to cross-sell various types of insurance products and able to deliver innovative products to our customers business
- Implement the Group's/Bank's compliance policy by managing compliance risk, ensuring adequate compliance resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators
- University degree in a related discipline or other relevant qualifications such as CFA, CFP or CFMP an advantage
- At least 5 years of insurance sales experience
- Good communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Strong self-motivation and drive to succeed, with ability to work under pressure
- Proficiency in both English and Chinese
- High level of customer centricity mindset with dedication to deliver exceptional quality services for customers
For candidates with solid exposure to Mainland market segment, we may consider to post them to Cross Border Banking Services Team. Work location will be subject to change and to be decided by Line Management upon joining.
All information provided by applicants will be used only for recruitment purposes and will be used strictly in accordance with the Bank's personal data policies, a copy of which may be obtained by the applicant upon request. Unless otherwise instructed in writing by the applicant concerned, applicants may be considered for other suitable positions within the Bank and its related companies. The personal data of unsuccessful job applicants may be retained for a maximum of two years from the date when the job application is rejected and such data may be retained for a longer period if there is a subsisting reason that obliges the Bank to do so, after which the personal data will be destroyed.