- Australian Equity Research Focus
- Highly regarded Family office
- Exceptional opportunity to move to the buy-side
- Melbourne Based
We represent a highly respected Family Office who are looking for an equity analyst to join their direct equities team within their multi-asset investment fund.
Reporting to the Head of Australian equities you will focus on the fundamental bottom up research and assessment of companies digging into financials, research of different sectors, industry analysis, company valuations and company management visits. You will have a genuine interest to broaden your knowledge base across a multi-asset portfolio and willing to assist the team when required, on an ad-hoc/project basis.
We are looking for a candidate who is passionate about the equity market with a strong commercial and inquisitive mindset to explore different ideas and challenge the status quo.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Ability to model and value a company;
- Advanced critical reasoning and ability to make judgement calls;
- •Conduct company and industry research;
- Strong written skills - produce written reports and presentations;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills;
- Cultural fit and the ability to blend into a highly collegiate environment;
- Degree qualifications in a financial discipline with strong academic transcripts. CFA qualification highly regarded but not essential.
- Have a strong sense of the financial markets and be able to provide insightful analysis of potential investee companies
This is an exceptional opportunity for a passionate and ambitious candidate looking to make their first move into a direct equity investing role with the added benefits of gaining greater diversity of knowledge within a multi-asset class fund and working for a dynamic, Melbourne-based family office.
Candidates will likely to have gained three to six years in investment banking, the advisory area of a ‘Big 4' CA firm, management consulting, equity research or funds management.
All applicants must have full Australian working rights to be considered for this role.
For a confidential discussion please contact Michael Lee: (03) 9653 8620 or email@example.com