Event Driven Analyst - Macro and Absolute Return Strategies
We seek an Analyst for Macro and Absolute Return Strategies (MARS), a multi-strategy fundamental absolute return product. The Analyst’s primary focus will be event driven and special situations investments including merger arbitrage, spin-offs and other corporate actions. It is expected that the Analyst will independently research, generate and pitch ideas for the portfolio, and maintain “ownership” of those ideas for the life of the investment. In addition to fundamental research and idea generation, regular responsibilities can include:
- Maintaining screens and filters designed to aid in the identification of new ideas.
- Attending internal investment meetings and maintaining dialogue with our investment professionals.
- Interacting with sell-side brokers and analysts as needed for research.
- Attending external conferences and meetings as needed.
- Assisting with the development of internal and external presentations.
The Analyst will be a critical part of the investment team. Analysts will be judged both qualitatively by the portfolio manager and quantitatively by their impact on the performance of the fund.
- Event driven investing experience is a must.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills with the ability to excel in a dynamic and interactive team environment.
- Humility is a must.
- Self-starter able to work independently as well as part of a te