Investment Analyst / Jr. Portfolio Manager
Northeast Ohio investment company seeks an analyst or junior portfolio manager to join its Investment Research Team. The individual should have up to 5 years of experience in the financial services industry within an equities investing role. The ability to analyze companies, their opportunity, and understand valuation methodology are essential. The firm manages over $700 million in assets for institutions, high net-worth individuals, and foundations.
- Source, evaluate and monitor investment opportunities across the US market for the firm’s multiple strategies & portfolios.
- Publish internal research as needed as well as market commentaries & client communication.
- Interact with portfolio company management and Wall Street sell-side analysts to monitor existing holdings.
- Attend performance reviews with clients and represent the firm at Industry conferences as needed.
- Assist with quantitative reporting, RFPs and Consultant visits.
Skills & Qualifications
- Strong intellectual curiosity.
- A passion for research and analysis.
- Problem solving skills.
- Independent thinker.
- Strong work ethic.
- Self-motivated and the ability to work independently.
- Strong qualitative, quantitative and communications skills.
- Mastery of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint .
- Working knowledge of Bloomberg Terminal and/or Thompson Reuters preferred.
- Buy-side work experience preferred.
- BA required, MBA & CFA / CFA Candidate preferred.
- Local Candidates Only.
- 15% travel.
- US Work Permit Required.
- Full benefits (Health, Dental, Vision, Profit Sharing Plan).
Email applications only. No phone calls please.