As the Portfolio Manager of an up and coming firm focused on responsible/ESG and impact investing across all asset classes, you will help build something unique and differentiated that hasn’t been done before in Canada. You will be working with a great team of people with similar values at a firm that will play a pivotal role in creating a disruptive and innovative approach to asset management.
The leading firm for independent support and market insight on impact investing in Canada, our client is currently an advisor to investors, foundations, financial institutions and governments looking to use all forms of capital to create social change. The firm is a member of the Responsible Investing Association and a certified B Corporation that meets the highest standards of social and environmental performance, transparency and accountability and is committed to using business as a force for good.
- An experienced investment professional with deep experience and knowledge of the capital markets;
- Skeptical of the focus on short term-profit maximization as the only way to evaluate “good” companies and believe the value of a company is enhanced by good ESG practices and profit and purpose driven business objectives;
- Customer service focused, with an understanding of how to translate your client's needs into a portfolio that exceeds their expectations;
- A clear communicator able to summarize and distil complex data into understandable explanations;
- Striving to deepen the alignment between your values and your work;
- Looking for a way to apply your skills, talents, expertise & passion to make a difference in the world;
- Ready to play a key role in building a growing firm committed to excellence, innovation and a strong corporate culture;
- Curious, always looking to learn, and comfortable with ambiguity; and
- Entrepreneurial in nature, ambitious, with a passion for building a team.
You would work …
…alongside the Chief Compliance Officer and the firm’s senior management team, to support the firm’s efforts to become a registered Portfolio Manager and Exempt Market Dealer.
Working in collaboration with the firm’s private investments team, client services team, and research and evaluation team you will create and implement portfolio management services for institutional and HNW clients.
You will oversee the design of client-driven customized portfolio strategies including determining the asset allocation mix across public, private and alternative investments.
You will design due diligence and product analysis tools and create an integrated impact and financial reporting framework. You will be responsible for completing KYC, KYP and suitability assessments and annual investor reviews to develop an in-depth understanding of client needs, objectives and risk tolerance.
- Design customized portfolio strategies across asset classes, including public and private equity, public and private debt, and real estate. Strategies must be suitable for institutional and HNW investors;
- Be knowledgeable of the existing landscape of ESG/RI and Impact products and strategies, evaluate them for return and impact;
- Lead manager and product searches and due diligence, recommendations and selection;
- Work in partnership with the Private Investments team to create portfolio strategies and make recommendations for institutional and HNW investors;
- Work in partnership with the Evaluation team to design integrated financial and impact reporting;
- Assist in developing the business plan, Policies and Procedures manual and attending meetings and responding to questions from the Ontario Securities Commission;
- Assist in creating investor materials such as KYC Questionnaire, IPS, fact sheets, presentations, investment reports, etc.;
- Contribute to sales and business development efforts; initiate and participate in investment-related communications with clients; and
- Assist in the establishment of a client-management back office, including working with custodians.
- 10+ years as a Portfolio Manager or relevant investment management experience;
- Experience in portfolio management and wealth management. Experience working with foundations, family offices or HNWI is a strong asset;
- Knowledge and understanding of the Responsible Investment space and ESG as well as the impact investment space in Canada and globally is an asset;
- Superior writing, interpersonal and presentation skills with exceptional attention to detail, a direct, straightforward and honest style;
- Meet all regulatory requirements to be registered as an Advising Representative (Portfolio Manager) in Canada;
- Must have completed the CFA or CIM designation and the CSC;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters Eikon, Workbench, MSCI, Sustainalytics;
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Economics, Mathematics Finance, Accounting or Engineering. MBA an asset.
- Experience and education required to become a Chief Compliance Officer an asset.
- This is a full-time, permanent position based in Toronto. Applicants interested in a long-term, part-time role will also be considered.
- Compensation is commensurate with experience, and includes salary, performance-based incentives, and benefits.
- Interested individuals should send a CV and cover letter in a single document to firstname.lastname@example.org by end of day October 28, 2018.
- Please state “Portfolio Manager” in the subject line of the email.
- Successful candidates will be contacted for interview. No phone calls please.
Treat & Associates
Treat & Associates, Executive Recruitment specializes in the recruitment of Tax, Audit, and Financial Advisory Services professionals. We work closely with national and local public accounting firms, and firms in industry to assist with their hiring needs. We put forward this job opening on behalf of our client.
More searches like this
- ESG/Socially Responsible Research Asset Management CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Asset Management CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Performance Analysis Asset Management CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Alternatives Asset Management CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Equities Asset Management CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors