4 days left
The Company is a privately held trust company which provides investment, tax, and other financial services.
The Investment Analyst plays a significant role in supporting the Chief Investment Officer and investment directors in the due diligence, monitoring, analysis, and reporting of all asset classes including public equity, hedge funds and private equity as well as on broader portfolio management issues. The majority of the Investment Analyst’s time will be focused on the management of internal portfolio planning tools, reporting systems and due diligence analyses. The Investment Analyst will also support the Investment Department in the preparation of periodic reports to key stakeholders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Investment Analyst will be responsible for a broad range of investment management activities including:
- development and maintenance of portfolio planning models including liquidity modelling, look-through exposures, and asset allocation optimization;
- preparation of monthly/quarterly performance reports and Investment Committee materials, including performance attribution and asset allocation analyses;
- organizing portfolio and fund manager-related data which includes monthly, quarterly, and annual reports, correspondence, and due diligence materials;
- monitoring fund manager performance including the creation and maintenance of summaries and other reports on public and private managers;
- assisting in the on-site due diligence of external managers and funds across all asset classes;
- research into economic, industry and financial market trends.
Critical Technical Skills
- In-depth knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and other analytical tools.
- Ability to develop and implement sophisticated models for portfolio management and risk analysis.
- A working knowledge of investment asset classes including public equities, bonds, hedge funds and private equity.
- Experience working with Bloomberg and performance reporting software such as Private i, Investran or eVestment is helpful although not necessary.
Internal and External Contact
- Internal. Primary interaction with Investment Department. Secondary interaction with Trust Officers, Accounting and Tax departments.
- External. Primary interaction with investment managers. Secondary interaction with other third-party service providers as necessary.
Critical Behavioral Competencies
- Communication Skills. Communicates, both in verbal and written form, complex financial information that results in target audience understanding. Demonstrates ability to adhere to strict confidentiality requirements.
- Relationship Building. Brings the appropriate mix of listening, responding to guidance, education and influence skills to each situation.
- Team Building Skills. Proactively contributes to the sharing of information, resources, time, and expertise across and within departments in order to ensure excellent client service.
- Independence and Entrepreneurial Spirit. Works independently with a demonstrated ability to manage time and tasks efficiently and with limited oversight. Shows tenacity, diligence and detail orientation in the completion of assignments.
- Educational Background. Candidates for this position should have a Bachelors Degree in finance, accounting, or related field. Other educational backgrounds may be considered, depending on relevant experience.
- Job-Related Experience. Candidates are expected to have a minimum two years of experience in any of the following roles:
- a research, risk or quantitative-analytical role at an investment bank,
- direct investment fund or multi-asset investment fund,
- investment consultancy,
- strategic / management consultancy (with focus on or experience of financial markets).
The candidate should have a good understanding of financial markets. Experience of investing across one or more asset classes and portfolio analysis is helpful but not necessary.
- Licenses, Certificates, Registrations or Other Specifications. Participation in or completion of CFA or CAIA Program is preferred. Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Note: This job description indicates the general level and nature of work expected of an incumbent. It is not intended to address or contain a comprehensive listing of all duties, responsibilities, tasks or activities that may be required of an incumbent. An incumbent in this job may be requested to perform other duties as required.