Investment Banking Analyst/Associate
INVESTMENT BANKING ANALYST/ASSOCIATE – CALGARY, ALBERTA
National Bank Financial Inc. (“NBF”) is seeking an investment banking analyst and/or associate to join its energy franchise, which is based out of NBF’s Calgary office
Overview of NBF:
NBF is a full-service, integrated investment dealer with a strong national presence and international capabilities. As an established player in the Canadian markets, NBF is committed to adding high calibre resources to its Investment Banking Group. The group currently consists of approximately 100 professionals located in offices in Toronto, Montreal, Calgary, and Vancouver. The Investment Banking Group at NBF has demonstrated considerable momentum recently, experiencing record profits and strong growth in deal flow. In the energy sector, NBF has steadily grown its market share to become one of the leading providers of equity capital and a dominant player in the M&A advisory space.
Qualifications and Experience:
The investment banking analyst/associate position at NBF will appeal to highly motivated individuals that are interested in pursuing an investment banking career in an entrepreneurial and high-energy environment. We are seeking candidates who have demonstrated outstanding academic performance with a willingness to work exceptionally hard. Candidates should have excellent numerical and analytical abilities, advanced oral and written communication skills, well-developed computer/analytic skills, as well as a positive, enthusiastic and co-operative attitude. NBF offers exceptional opportunities to learn and contribute in a co-operative team environment that highly rewards professional excellence and individual initiative.
- Actively participate in a wide variety of energy and midstream/pipeline focused transactions headed by senior members of the Investment Banking team
- Prepare materials and presentations for clients with respect to the raising of capital from the public and private capital markets, M&A opportunities and other capital market topics
- Complete detailed financial models, valuation and sector/industry analysis
- Work alongside other Capital Markets professionals and product groups to support client needs
- Perform research and database work
- Attend certain meetings with clients alongside senior staff
- Wide range of other analytical tasks as required
- Completion of a Bachelor’s, or Master’s, Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Engineering with a track record of outstanding academic performance
- Minimum of two years of investment banking, equity research, and/or capital markets related work experience required to be considered for the associate position
- Previous experience in the energy and midstream/pipeline sector a bonus
- Knowledge of corporate finance, accounting, financial modeling and key themes impacting the capital markets and energy sector in general
- Excellent numerical and analytical abilities, and a strong attention to detail
- A positive, enthusiastic and co-operative attitude
- Advanced spoken and written English skills and an exceptional team attitude
- Completion of, or enrolment in, the CFA program is considered an asset
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter via email to Allicia Moir at email@example.com, with “NBF Investment Banking Analyst/Associate” in the subject line of the email. Due to the high volume of applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.