Indian Equity Research Associate
Taiyo Pacific Partners currently manages approximately $2.7bn and is a pioneer in Japanese and Indian small-cap equity engagement investing. We unlock and unleash value by investing in a concentrated portfolio of under-valued public companies and working closely with senior management. Our style blends the disciplines from Investment Banking, Consulting, Private Equity and Investment Management.
Indian equity research associates are involved in both portfolio research and activist related tasks such as the following: industry analysis, fundamental company analysis, meeting with company management frequently, preparing analysis and presentations and then presenting them to portfolio company management teams in an effort to convince them to make changes that enhance long-term corporate value. Associates will have frequent interactions with the Taiyo partners and directors, but will be expected to work with minimal supervision.
Associates will use a variety of methods to analyze companies including building earnings models, peer analysis, industry analysis, competitive analysis, etc. Creativity is expected and associates are encouraged to develop unique research methods to use in addition to the rigorous methods that are standard tools of Taiyo.
· Bachelor’s degree (MBA preferred)
· At least 3 years of experience in a related field of work (investment banking / private equity /
consulting / corporate finance / investment research in the Indian markets)
· Ability to build detailed financial models
· Strong analytical skills
· Ability to make logical and concise recommendations
· Ability to effectively interact with senior management of portfolio companies
· Ability to work with minimal supervision
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
· Competitive compensation based on experience and abilities
· Annual bonus will be based on individual and firm performance
· Full benefits (healthcare/dental/401k plan)
· Visa sponsorship for non-US citizens (if possible)