Analyst, Corporate Development
The Analyst, Corporate Development will report to the Supervisor, Corporate Development within the Financial Services Unit at Pembina Pipeline Corporation. The Corporate Development team is primarily involved with the identification, assessment and execution of strategic transactions, and provides support to the business units with respect to their efforts in evaluating and executing on various business initiatives.
• Support Pembina in evaluating strategic transactions (M&A), including but not limited to: preparation of presentation materials, detailed financial and valuation analyses, and conducting due diligence;
• Support Pembina’s business units in evaluating new project opportunities from a financial and strategic perspective; and
• Develop and review complex financial models, ensuring projects are evaluated in accordance with established corporate economic standards.
• Assist in the preparation of materials for senior management and the board of directors, including but not limited to: strategic planning, identification of new opportunities and industry updates;
• Understand and incorporate appropriate financing, accounting, and tax considerations into project and corporate economics/financial analyses;
• Perform project look back analysis from both an operational and financial perspective in an effort to gain insights into areas for improvement and best practices to communicate throughout the organization;
• Provide leadership to Pembina’s business units with respect to Pembina’s internal investment review process;
• Research, develop and maintain economic and industry databases to support ongoing analyses;
• Maintain and refine economic standards for project analyses throughout the organization;
• Support the Financial Services Unit and other internal service units as needed; and
• Support special projects as required.
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in one of the following: Economics, Business Administration focused on Accounting or Finance, or another quantitative discipline;
• Possess or be working toward advanced education is preferred (CBV, CFA, CA, MBA);
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience if the experience is specific to the job function, a minimum 5 years’ experience in a more generic corporate role, but with a focus on research and analysis (quantitative);
• Knowledge of the Oil and Gas Sector in general and infrastructure industry in particular (market
structure, business strategy, regulations and policies, etc.);
• Outstanding financial modeling and economic evaluation skills;
• Excellent interpersonal and team skills, with a proven ability to develop and maintain
relationships with both internal and external stakeholders;
• Well-developed communication skills, written and verbal;
• Self-starter with a strong work ethic;
• Ability to multitask various initiatives while maintaining attention to detail; and
• Use of standard software programs: MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Advanced user of Excel;
Database and statistical program knowledge would be an asset. Financial data site
(Bloomberg/Reuters) also an asset.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and covering letter by clicking on the following link
prior to the position closing at midnight on Friday September 14th, 2018.
You can also access our careers at www.pembina.com