Primary Purpose: Manage the investment portfolio of assigned accounts, varying from medium-sized and moderately complex to large, complex, and investment sensitive portfolios within the Private Client Group of Sterling Capital Management. Operate within Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Plans and executes day-to-day portfolio management for assigned accounts within the guidelines of department policy and strategy.
2. Maintains awareness of the relevant facts concerning the account and beneficiaries.
3. Calls on existing customers to maintain positive account relationships.
4. Keeps abreast of economic, market, and investment conditions and reports observations and opinions that may influence investment policy and strategy.
5. Assists in generating and developing new business opportunities.
Required Skills and Competencies: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor's degree in business or related field or equivalent education and related training
2. Five (5) to ten (10) years of investment experience
3. Good written and verbal communication skills
4. Ability to work on moderately complex to complex projects with minimum supervision
5. Working knowledge of various computer applications such as Microsoft Office
6. Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
1. MBA or graduate degree in a business related field
2. Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) certification or progress towards CFA
3. More than five (5) years of investment experience
BB&T is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants regardless of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law.
More searches like this
- Portfolio Management: Alternatives Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Equities Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Fixed Income Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Multi-Asset Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Wealth Management Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors