Assistant Portfolio Manager
At Ameritas, fulfilling life is what we do daily. We continuously strive to help our customers and employees enjoy life at its very best by reducing uncertainty, helping grow assets and protecting what is most cherished. We're here to help people put worry behind and the future ahead and help enable a life that's rich in family, happiness, health and financial security. When lives are fulfilled, our mission is fulfilled.
Ameritas Life Insurance Corp is seeking a Assistant Portfolio Manager - Multiple Investment Strategies role who researches, recommends and executes investment strategies for the general account investment portfolio of the Ameritas life insurance affiliated companies. Investment strategies for recommendation include domestic & foreign equity strategies (including mutual funds and ETFs), convertible securities, investment grade and high yield corporate credit, structured securities, real estate strategies, alternative investments and other asset classes and investment strategies as researched & identified. Strong desire to work with various asset classes & structures and manage multiple projects simultaneously is required. Provides support for regular reports on asset allocation strategy for the insurance company general account.
Researches, recommends and executes documents for the alternative investments portfolio. Responsible for manager selection and performance of the alternative investments portfolio, including investments in private equity, mezzanine debt, venture capital and other alternative investment structures. Builds and maintains relationships with alternative asset managers for investment consideration over time. Responsible for regular valuation analysis of directly-owned private equity investments. Perform detailed analysis regarding strategies to invest the book value (surplus account) of the Ameritas life insurance affiliated companies, including acquisitions and strategic partnerships as requested.
- Support the process of formulating strategies and recommendations for Ameritas' surplus investmentsSupport strategic opportunities with investment opportunities managed by and through AIP.
- Evaluate, select, report, and provide overall evaluation and recommendation of the Ameritas alternative portfolios.
- Monitor and maintain relationships with the outsourced managers of Ameritas surplus investments.
- Analyze existing and potential investments, utilizing external research and maintaining internal portfolio evaluation and monitoring tools.
- Evaluate potential new asset classes as to their suitability.
- Perform investment and department projects as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Required Knowledge and Skills:
BS/BA in Finance, Accounting, or Economics, plus 7 -- 10 years direct experience.
- Chartered Financial Analyst designation required.
- Familiarity with Bloomberg & very strong skills with Office software required.
- Highly motivated and ethical individual.
- Possesses a quick decision making ability and accepts accountability of actions.
- Possesses excellent written and verbal communication, negotiating and analytical skills.
We are Ameritas: proud to say we're in the business of fulfilling life.