Head, Continuing Professional Development Products
CFA Institute is committed to raising professional standards in financial markets across the world through educating investment management professionals and supporting them in developing their careers and maintaining their competence throughout their working lives. In support of this vision, we have an ambitious plan to overhaul our Continuing Professional Development offerings for members, in collaboration with our global network of over 150 local CFA Societies.
The Head, Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Products, will lead the development and delivery of these products across the full range of delivery channels - online, broadcast and live - to ensure an excellent member experience and seamless integration across content types and platforms. This will include oversight of content sourcing, curation and production from internal and external sources, establishment of third party content partnerships, and support of our extensive portfolio of conferences and speaker events. The position will work closely with the Head of Practice Analysis (Credentialing) to develop the business plan and build the product within a competency framework which enables a high degree of member personalization based on role, experience and job level, and which addresses competencies ranging from soft to highly technical. Collaboration with IT, Customer Experience and the Membership Products staff will also be critical to the development and ongoing success of our CPD products and the platforms on which they are delivered. Our global network of CFA Societies will be our content and delivery partners, enabling us to create a highly flexible, partially distributed CPD platform that delivers a customized member experience. The Head will be accountable for establishing a CPD Design Council that supports this partnership. The role requires exceptional product and relationship management skills and experience.
The Head, CPD Products will be based in Charlottesville, New York, or London and report to the Managing Director, Member Value and Society Relations.
- Product Manager, accountable for developing, communicating and executing the product vision for CFA Institute’s live and digital platform strategy and road map that will deliver the CPD product to members:
- Understand business requirements and success metrics; define product priorities and measures goals
- Develop and execute, in partnership with the Head, Practice Analysis, a single business plan
- Establish, with societies, a CPD Design Council, and ensure that all associated processes are co-developed, understood and agreed. Provide ongoing leadership and support to this body once established
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders across functions and regions, to develop a three-to five-year strategy and roadmap for CPD product development and delivery that focuses on demonstrated learning
- Identify, analyze, and resolve long-term strategic issues by applying the concepts of instructional design and disruptive thinking to platform design and the business planning process
- Identify and address regional needs or constraints to ensure all members are served
- Working in close collaboration with IT, Credentialing and Member Value, ensure the digital delivery platform specifications are both consistent with the competency framework and have the member experience front of mind
- Ensure flexibility to easily accommodate CPD learning and credits earned through other CPD providers and content sources
- Responsible for delivering amazing customer experience through the product; understand customer pain points and define solutions
- Manage pipeline of resources; lead development of new features through the entire product development life cycle
- Responsible for implementing an agile and efficient production process, transforming live and written content into learning products through close integration across the product lines, ensuring that robust marketing mechanisms are in place and continually monitoring member uptake and satisfaction
- Oversees the cross-regional team responsible for sourcing, curating and repurposing content to populate the product, ensuring it caters to the members’ wide range of needs and learning preferences
- Oversees the conferences and events product in the context of CPD:
- Supports the Head, Educational Events and Programs, in delivering live content which aligns with our mission and the CPD needs of our members
- Responsible for monitoring and improving the product on a continuous basis
- Receive and share industry intelligence from Societies, Member Value, Relationship Management, and others
- Conduct research, with societies and institutions, to determine member needs and learning preferences, and industry skills gaps, and translate this into compelling content offerings
- Work in close collaboration with the Research team and open sources such as ARX (Asia Research Exchange) to convert research and thought leadership into CPD
- Identify trends and changes in CPD requirements (regulatory and otherwise) and proactively address them in collaboration with Credentialing, regional teams and societies
- Analyze data and user feedback to drive continuous improvement of the content and platform, and the overall product
- Accountable for setting and working to financial expectations
- Design, with Services Delivery, the marketing plans to drive uptake of the CPD product by members through creating a highly personalized experience, and to promote it to institutions as appropriate
- Develop and sustain a nimble, multi-discipline, high-performing product management team; provide leadership and support with the ability to be “hands on” when necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required, a master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 15 years’ experience, preferably in a financial industry and/or employee learning and development context; knowledge and experience of global financial markets and issues essential
- Demonstrable experience as a technologist as well as a learning expect; deep understanding of digital technologies and platforms
- Must have previous proven experience with product development methodologies, including the application of strategic design principles
- CFA charter preferred but not essential
- Strong analytical skills, demonstrable ability to indentify opportunities and drive required actions
- Ability to evolve product strategy based on industry research, trends and customer feedback
- Significant experience of managing complex projects, including prioritizing features and coordinating product schedules
- Must have previous experience in vendor selection and management
- A global network (or ability to develop a network) of content experts from practice and academia
- Global cultural orientation and working experience; ability to manage diverse and remote teams; significant experience leading CPD efforts in a multinational environment preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and stakeholder management skills; experienced in building strong and credible relationships across disciplines and stakeholders at multiple levels and influencing teams to consensus and shared goals
- Excellent written, verbal and presentations skills; skilled in content development with a talent for turning complex data into compelling and easy to understand concepts.
- Ability to create new and unique ideas and an entrepreneurial spirit a plus
- Very high level of organizational and time management skills; flexibility in competently juggling competing priorities and changing expectations. Energy to put in the hours of concentrated work necessary to achieve goals while maintaining a positive attitude Excellent consulting, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Fluency in English required, knowledge of additional languages would be useful
CULTURAL ELEMENTS AND GLOBAL COMPETENCIES
- Global Perspective – Understands business on a global scale, understands differences in people and cultures, and is effective across varied conditions.
- Agility– Responds quickly to opportunities, is flexible, and effectively embraces change.
- Effective Communication– Communicates clearly and succinctly in a variety of settings and styles, listens, and presents a professional image.
- Stakeholder Focus– Identifies and understands stakeholders and their needs, acts with their interest in mind, and gains their trust and engagement.
- Strategic Vision - Recognizes trends and opportunities, acts accordingly, and thinks critically which translates into a compelling and inspiring vision.
- Manages and Motivates Others – Ability to set clear accountabilities for others and energize and enable them to deliver results.
- Organizational Awareness – Understands how the organization works and knows how to get things done both through formal channels and the informal network; understands the culture of the organization.