Founded nearly 80 years ago, the Greater Miami Jewish Federation (“Federation”) mobilizes human and financial resources to care for those in need, strengthen Jewish life and advance the unity, values and shared purpose of the Jewish people in Miami, Israel and around the world. A member of the group of 20 large-city Jewish Federations, the organization raises about $23 Million through its Annual Campaign from approximately 9,000 donors, with total revenues in excess of $70 Million.
A portion of the funds raised support local agencies and programs -- including vital social services, Jewish education, and Jewish community centers. Federation-funded agencies also advocate on important social issues and provide a strong foundation for Jewish life and identity-building on college campuses. In addition, Federation assists the people of Israel and serves Jewish communities in over 70 countries. This includes providing a lifeline of vital services to the vulnerable, rebuilding Jewish communities, and helping to rescue and resettle those in peril. International efforts are spearheaded by its longtime global partners — the Jewish Agency for Israel (JAFI) and the American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee (JDC).
In addition to the Annual Campaign, the Federation also develops resources through a wide range of other philanthropic activities. Over 50 years ago, the Federation established a Foundation to serve philanthropists interested in solving community challenges through planned and legacy gifts. Today, the Foundation manages over $300 Million in assets utilizing the resources of a highly sophisticated volunteer investment committee, an external investment consultant, and an in-house investment analyst.
Miami is the 11th largest Jewish community in the United States with over 120,000 Jews. Culturally, geographically and demographically, Miami’s Jewish population is one of the most diverse in the U.S. In fact, Miami boasts the largest percentage of foreign-born Jews in the country. Put succinctly, our Federation mirrors the city of Miami; it’s dynamic, diverse, international, growing, and an increasingly important player on the national scene.
Federation is looking to hire an Investment Analyst, who would report to the CFO and Foundation Director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversee Federation’s investments, including pools and separately managed accounts
• Assess current market trends, financial statements, financial models, and other indicators
• Liaise with outside consultant, fund managers and industry professionals
• Staff Federation Investment Committee
• Recommend and execute Federation’s investment policy and broad investment strategies, including asset allocation, recommended securities and other investment vehicles to achieve stated goals and objectives
• Execute trades and direct capital calls
• Monitor performance of outside advisor and managers and make retention recommendations
• Identify risk factors associated with portfolio positioning, rebalancing and cash raise using various analytical tools
• Stay updated with market trends and new investment opportunities
• Provide or review analytical performance reports
• Serve on the pension sub-committee and assist CFO with investment options for the pension plans
• Oversee investments’ legal documentation
• Assist accounting team with investment classification for the audit
• Perform other related duties as assigned
Qualifications and Competencies:
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Economics or other related field
• CFA® Candidate (level 1 or 2), preferred.
• 3 - 5 years of investment/asset management or relevant financial services experience
• In-depth understanding of financial metrics, setup, and statistics
• Advanced analytical skills
• Familiarity with finance investment laws and regulations
• Strong propensity for data research and analysis
• Experience with appropriate software systems
• Strong communication skills
• Knowledge of the Jewish community a plus
Greater Miami Jewish Federation is an equal opportunity employer.
No recruiters please.
More searches like this
- Portfolio Management: Alternatives Finance - General CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Equities Finance - General CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Fixed Income Finance - General CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Multi-Asset Finance - General CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors