ABOUT KV PRIVATE EQUITY INC
KV Private Equity Inc. is based in Edmonton and part of the KV group of companies (the first company within the KV group was founded in 2006 and today it includes: KV Private Equity Fund, KV Capital Inc., KV Mortgage Fund Inc. and KV Private Equity Inc.). KV Private Equity Inc. transacts within the lower mid-market to acquire controlling interests in established operating businesses headquartered within western Canada. The principals and management of the KV group are designated finance and accounting professionals and we are an approved CPA training office. Operations within the group include capital raising, private mortgage lending, portfolio management and private equity as our newest mandate. We are active partners in the businesses we invest in, with our hands-on involvement allowing us to leverage the financial expertise and extensive business experience of our professional staff and partners.
POSITION Analyst / Associate
SUMMARY Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Analyst / Associate will work as part of the investment team to evaluate new opportunities, execute transactions, conduct due diligence, provide portfolio company support and perform directed research. Success in this role requires strong written and verbal communication skills, an analytical and questioning mindset, demonstrated project management abilities, creativity and enthusiasm for investing.
RESPONSIBILITIES Primary responsibilities for this position are:
- Deal analysis, due diligence and valuation tasks that include:
- Qualifying investment opportunities and performing comprehensive due diligence on potential acquisitions as part of the deal team.
- Reviewing confidential information on potential acquisitions, preparing analyses and presenting summaries of findings/recommendations to internal decision makers.
- Reviewing, developing and maintaining dynamic financial models that incorporate operating drivers, scenario and sensitivity analysis, capital structure options, valuations, returns, historical and forecast financial statements to analyze non-routine transactions in a manner that supports decision making.
- Research tasks that include:
- Compiling, analyzing and synthesizing information from a broad range of sources such as financial databases, industry publications, financial statements and public disclosures.
- Preparing deal summaries and presentations to the investment committee.
- Assisting in developing deal leads and investment theses.
- Portfolio company support and reporting tasks that include:
- Supporting the team in generating and executing value-add strategies within the operating businesses.
- Monitoring ongoing financial and operational performance of portfolio investments.
- Provide assistance in the preparation of performance reporting as required.
- Conduct periodic site visits and on occasion oversee completion of value-add projects.
ACCOUNTABILITIES KV Private Equity is focused on developing meaningful, long lasting and mutually beneficial relationships. It will be incumbent upon you to maintain and build the reputation of the firm by being responsive, delivering clear communication, timely service and taking ownership of your work product.
LOCATION Edmonton, Alberta
EXPERIENCE Intermediate Level
EMPLOYMENT TYPE Full-time
COMPENSATION Salary commensurate with experience and education.
QUALIFICATIONS / DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERTISE
The successful candidate is expected to have:
- 2+ years of related work experience;
- Demonstrated research, project management, financial modeling, problem solving, analytical and valuation skills;
- Ability to systematically manage a challenging workload independently and meet deadlines;
- Current technology skills with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Financial acumen and demonstrated ability to identify risk;
- Awareness of economic conditions and indicators;
- Professional, friendly and courteous demeanor;
- A degree, designation or certification in a related field is preferred (note this position will provide qualified hours for CBV and CFA candidates).
To apply, please forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org noting “Analyst/Associate” in the subject line.