International Health Care Research Analyst/Associate
At Diamond Hill, we are committed to an intrinsic value-based investment philosophy with a long-term focus and are interested in knowledgeable, self-directed individuals with a passion for the investment management business. We seek energetic, team-oriented, versatile candidates with the desire to be part of a growing and dynamic organization. For dedicated individuals with a strong work ethic, we offer the opportunity for a career rather than just a job.
Organized by sector teams, our research analysts and associates focus on specific sectors/industries. Research analysts develop and maintain the intrinsic value estimates for new ideas, as well as maintain models for existing holdings. Research associates provide analytical support to the research analysts.
- Identify, evaluate and recommend investment ideas (long and short) utilizing a long-term, intrinsic value-based approach to investment research. Attractive short opportunities exhibit fundamental weakness as well as excess valuation.
- Create and maintain financial models. Conduct due diligence on company and industry trends. Synthesize and assess financial and industry data.
- Collaborate with our Portfolio Managers on investment decisions.
We are interested in intelligent, self-directed individuals who are passionate about investing and committed to an intrinsic value-based investment philosophy with a long-term focus. Continuing to advance our international capabilities is an area of emphasis. Minimum qualifications include:
- 2-5 years of research experience covering international companies/markets.
- Experience in or exposure to the health care sector preferred but not required.
- Understanding and appreciation of our intrinsic value-based investment philosophy.
- Strong analytical and valuation/modeling skills.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong academic background required.
- Ideally have or be making progress towards the CFA designation.
Diamond Hill associates enjoy a working environment that supports professional and personal growth, thereby enhancing associate satisfaction, the productivity of the firm, and most importantly, the experience of our clients. Benefits include a competitive pay package, the opportunity to accumulate shares of Diamond Hill stock, a 401k plan with a generous company match, health and dental insurance, and paid parking.
A commitment to our intrinsic value-based investment philosophy is essential and all associates with a desire to make additional investments in U.S. equity or bond securities are required to do so by investing in Diamond Hill Funds, thereby aligning our interests with those of our clients.
Interested candidates please apply online at www.diamond-hill.com/careers/