Senior Investment Analyst
6 days left
Senior Investment Analyst Job Description
The specific duties of the Senior Investment Analyst at Satovsky Asset Management, LLC (“SAM”) include, as a minimum, the following:
Lead allocation of client portfolios
Work with the CEO and lead the investment team in: determining the most appropriate investment strategy for clients based on their risk tolerances, goals, and individual circumstances; researching and setting targets for client asset allocations; making changes to such strategies and targets based on developments in the financial markets or as necessary; and actively participating in the overall portfolio management process.
Display and cultivate a high level of knowledge about SAM’s investment portfolio and global markets. Remain current on the global macro-economic landscape and the key factors that drive returns of various asset classes and positions.
Provide an official perspective on asset allocation and position selection decisions within the framework of the firm’s overall investment philosophy.
Oversee SAM’s investment team and implementation of investment decisions
Oversee investment team in order to implement any/all of SAM’s investment decisions and views into client portfolios, taking into account individual goals and circumstances (e.g., taxes, risk tolerance, liquidity/cash flow needs, unique requests, etc.).
Review and approve trades generated by investment team in order to implement firm investment decisions, and execute trades in client portfolios as needed.
Work with investment team to manage clients’ portfolios and adjust them based on their individual circumstances, including but not limited to client-specific liquidity preference, tax sensitivity, and risk tolerance.
Oversee research and due diligence processes
Structure and implement all aspects of research and due diligence processes for current and prospective investments and investment platforms, including third party managers (e.g., mutual funds, hedge funds), direct investments (e.g., equities) and sub-advisors (e.g., robo-advisors).
Oversee investment team in investment process of generating research, analysis, and other materials to better inform SAM’s investment decision making process.
Work on a variety of other investment related tasks as needed
Respond to clients’ investment-related inquiries, including but not limited to: discussing SAM’s investment decisions and clients’ portfolio performance, analyzing and providing ad-hoc research reports for clients’ investment opportunities (e.g., private equity, real estate, venture capital), and developing tailored performance reports and client presentations upon request.
Work on any other investment-related tasks as needed.
Financial Planning and Relationship Management
Serve as the primary relationship manager for certain client relationships. Participate in and conduct client service meetings, analyze financial data and provide ongoing client service to help clients stay on track to meet their financial goals. Display a thorough understanding of the financial planning process.
- In depth and up to date knowledge of major global asset classes and drivers of cross asset class performance
- Ability to clearly articulate investment ideas and market trends to a variety of different audience types (both verbally and in writing)
- Understanding of key industry trends
- Strong familiarity with the portfolio construction process, e.g., IPS design, asset allocation, risk management, etc.
- Understanding of performance measurement and attribution
- Familiar with key concepts in modern portfolio theory
- Experience analyzing a variety of different security types (stocks, bonds, alternatives, open ended mutual funds, hedge funds, real estate, etc.)
- Knowledge of the financial planning process
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty and ambiguity with finesse
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic and ever changing environment.
- Self-motivated, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creative problem solver, able to identify real obstacles and viable solutions
Education and Work Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required
- CFA® or MBA required, CFP® highly desired
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience