Relationship Management Officer: Portfolio Management
This position will report to Umaraj "Raj" Rajeshwar, Managing Director, and Relationship Manager: Portfolio Management in our Cleveland office.
This position will serve as the Portfolio Manager on designated private client relationships and provide comprehensive investment advice and ongoing investment management of portfolios that is consistent with specific client objectives and goals and the firm’s best thinking and practices. This position will work closely with experienced relationship managers, wealth advisory and financial planning colleagues to provide integrated investment management solutions that meet various goals-based needs of clients. The position requires a working knowledge of other areas such as financial, estate and tax planning and fiduciary/trust administration. The ability to identify issues, generate ideas and articulate solutions to relationship managers and/or the client service team will be an important component. This position is intended for a career-oriented individual interested in expanding their ability to integrate investment and financial planning knowledge, while working to develop relationship management skills.
- Portfolio Management and Investments. Develop, implement, and actively manage investment plans that are consistent with client objectives and goals and the firm’s best thinking and practices; assist clients in identifying and articulating goals; develop and implement asset allocation/investment plans to help clients achieve stated goals; on an ongoing basis initiate and execute trades to ensure consistent alignment with client’s goals and risk tolerance and Investment Policy Committee recommendations. Prepare investment related reports for clients, including asset sufficiency and basic Wealthview/Goals Based Investing reports; perform investment research as needed; review daily transactions reports for possible investment actions.
- Relationship Management and Client Service. Serve as a client contact along with the Relationship Manager and/or Wealth Advisor; actively participate in client meetings and provide expertise on investment related issues; serve as integral member of client service team and assist in client onboarding; respond to client inquiries and initiate and coordinate communication with clients when appropriate. Work closely with other professionals on the client relationship team and across the firm to ensure that clients benefit from the firm’s best thinking across relevant wealth management practice areas; identify financial and non-financial considerations to integrate into the overall investment plan. Take an engaged role in firm-wide and private client group initiatives and projects, including technology integration, enhanced client service and increased productivity; take responsibility for implementing conclusions.
- Portfolio and Account Administration. Prepare and maintain client information in accordance with documentation retention practices and procedures utilizing the client relationship management (CRM) system and all other required technology platforms. In compliance with regulatory policies and procedures, approve transaction requests including, but not limited to: disbursements, trades, transfers of cash via ACH or wire, etc.
- Business Development. When appropriate, participate in new business development process; attend Glenmede sponsored events; identify and capitalize on opportunities to expand existing business or obtain qualified client referrals.
- Business Acumen. Acquire and maintain an in-depth knowledge of the firm’s investment processes and philosophy by participating in Investment Policy Committee meetings, Manager Research meetings, and other venues; look for opportunities to contribute to firm thinking on investment issues and processes; working knowledge of private equity, hedge funds and other specialized investment strategies required; ability to articulate firm’s current thinking on financial markets and asset allocation strategy. Acquire in-depth knowledge of trading and investment/portfolio management systems to help achieve efficiencies in day to day investment management of multiple client relationships. Attain strong depth and breadth of experience through a combination of various roles/assignments, the attainment of professional designations, or internal recognition.
- Firm-Building. Take an engaged role in firm-wide and private client group initiatives and projects, including technology integration, enhanced client service and increased productivity; take responsibility for implementing conclusions. Other duties and responsibilities as required by the business.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Advanced degree preferred
- Demonstrated ability to manage investment portfolios for investment management accounts and fiduciary (irrevocable or revocable trust) accounts.
- Strong knowledge of and interest in Capital Markets.
- Solid knowledge of the wealth management industry with specific expertise in portfolio management as demonstrated by an advanced degree (MBA) or certification (CFA, CFP).
- Minimum of three years of experience in a financial services organization primarily performing portfolio management duties.
- Interpersonal Skills – must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills to ensure key messages with clients and firm colleagues are clear and well-articulated.
- Collaborative Team Approach – must be able to work with private clients in a collaborative team-based environment.
- Business acumen – Must demonstrate an understanding of the firm’s values, processes, products, services and strategies.
- Project and time management – Ability to handle multiple tasks or projects with varying timelines and stakeholders from inception through completion.
Glenmede is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Glenmede is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Glenmede are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history (including pregnancy) or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Glenmede will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
**No agencies, third parties, or phone calls please.
Glenmede is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Glenmede via-email, the Internet, or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of Glenmede, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Glenmede.
More searches like this
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Relationship Management Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Wealth Management Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors