Investment Analyst, Fixed Income
Intact Financial Corporation is a leading provider of property and casualty insurance in North America. Supported by over 13,000 employees, the Company is the largest Canadian P&C insurer and underwrites US insurance through its OneBeacon subsidiary. The company manages 16 billion dollars in invested assets through its wholly owned subsidiary Intact Investment Management Inc.
Intact Investment Management LLC is a new subsidiary of Intact Financial Corporation (IFC). We currently have an opportunity for an Investment Analyst to join our Investment Management team in our Plymouth, MN office, located at 605 North Highway 169.
Reporting to the Portfolio Manager, Fixed Income, the Investment Analyst will be a significant contributor to the US fixed income team. The position is responsible for assisting the fixed income team in achieving investment objectives by providing investment recommendations and identifying risks across fixed income portfolios.
- Support active management of US investment grade fixed income strategies
- Support the fundamental credit analysis and security valuation for assigned sectors
- Develop and maintain portfolio management, risk management and report tools
- Build and maintain financial statement models and credit screening tools
- Present to senior management and portfolio managers
- 1-4 years of relevant professional experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to make concise arguments with conviction
- Experience with fixed income securities and terminology
- Strong math and analytical skills including an understanding of financial accounting
- High proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Driven by performance
- Team player with a passion for investments
- Bachelor degree with a preference in mathematics, economics, statistics, finance or accounting
- Currently have the CFA or progressing towards completion of the CFA
- Experience with programing language: VBA, SQL, C++, C#, Python