Ballentine Partners, LLC, is a leading independent investment and wealth management firm headquartered in the Boston area with additional offices in Florida and New Hampshire. Our client families rely on us to be their most trusted advisor and to manage all aspects of their complex financial lives. We are a team of over 80 professionals and our firm is known as a wonderful place to work. Our compensation philosophy and team structure foster a collegial rather than competitive work environment. We are unusual in the financial services industry in that we believe our employees’ having a balanced life makes them better at their work. We are proud that in 2017, Pension & Investments named Ballentine Partners as one of the Best Places to Work in Money Management.
The Portfolio Analyst acts as a critical team member and facilitator in support of Senior Investment Advisors working with clients and other internal partners. Within our highly-collaborative, team-based service model, you will have significant responsibility in a demanding and fast-paced environment.
- Supporting Senior Investment Advisors (SIA) in all investment matters
- Constructing portfolio trading programs for approval by SIAs
- Monitoring cash positions and IPS restrictions
- Performing ad hoc analyses on client-related questions (e.g. specific securities, in conjunction with research staff)
- Developing technical expertise in investment software tools
- Executing trades
- Managing large orders
- Providing manager research support as necessary
- Assisting in client onboarding
- Other duties as assigned
A bachelor’s degree, work toward the CFA designation, strong computer skills and 2+ years of experience in wealth management are preferred. The right person must have the ability to perform in a fast-paced, knowledge-intensive, and service-oriented environment with a demonstrated interest in wealth management for families.
The right candidate will be someone who:
- Can learn new things quickly
- Can take initiative and act proactively (i.e., anticipates problems, raises suggestions)
- Can juggle and prioritize a variety of tasks daily
- Can work both independently and in a team structure
- Is comfortable working with senior stakeholders and sophisticated clients
- Is highly organized with a very strong attention to detail
- Has high professional standards, judgment, and discretion
- Has professional communication skills, verbal and written
- Has excellent interpersonal & relationship skills including a positive attitude
Ballentine Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer