Manager, Advocacy Research & Content APAC
The Manager supports the activities of CFA Institute’s Advocacy division in the Asia Pacific region. This position is responsible for vetting, filtering, curating and promoting third-party content onto the CFA Institute Asia-Pacific Research Exchange platform (“ARX”), as well as supporting the Advocacy team in developing content and policy positions related to securities markets regulation, the practice of investment management, market structure and instruments, corporate disclosures and governance, and wider market integrity issues within the region.
Working closely with Director, Capital Markets Policy, APAC and Director, ARX, the successful candidate will be a key member of the APAC Advocacy team and ensure maximum synergies between Capital Markets Policy and ARX. The position will be based in Hong Kong and will report to Head, Advocacy, APAC.
- Scrutinize and approve contents submitted onto ARX, ensuring that all guidelines are met
- Tag and sort contents into appropriate categories and competencies
- Work with the Head and Director of Professional Development to identify content suitable for CPD
- Work with the Head and Director of Journal Publications to identify authors and/or content suitable for other CFA research publications such as FAJ and CFA Digest
- Manage the ARX website ensuring that all public information, disclaimers, terms and conditions are up to date
- Provide editorial support and curation to featured content, e-newsletters and other communications
- Help develop and execute digital content strategy with the goal of driving audience growth and engagement
- Perform secretariat functions for ARX Society Engagement Council and for ARX the editorial board
- Help establish policies for submission, criteria for authorship, content review and quality control mechanism
- Develop and manage content editorial calendar
- Manage pre- and post-event coverage
For policy research:
- Responsible for conducting and managing research projects, drafting consultation responses, writing research papers and articles on capital markets issues
- Develop and analyse capital markets project ideas, conduct research, develop well-articulated arguments and policy positions and standards
- Execute various projects and initiatives in the region as directed by the Head, Advocacy APAC
- Deliver presentations as required and support the promotion of CFA Institute content, policy positions and standards before regulators, policy makers, CFA societies, members, academia, and other industry stakeholders
- Support the public awareness of CFA Institute, through the contribution of articles, blog posts, and media commentary on capital markets issues
- Start to develop a network of relationships with key stakeholders in the region including industry, think tanks, trade associations and regulators to exchange information and inform the policy debate
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably related to finance, economics, or law.
- CFA charter or active CFA Candidate preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in the investment management industry, related financial services, or policy making.
- Proven work experience in content and website or online forum management
- Solid editorial skills with knowledge in content management system, SEO and SEM
- Strong research skills and capabilities; expertise in data extraction, manipulation and analysis
- Excellent written, presentation and verbal communication skills including persuasive writing skills. Comfortable presenting to large audiences
- Ability to collaborate, build strong relationships and influence among a broad range of stakeholders
- Excellent consulting, problem solving and analytical skills
- High level of attention to detail and a creative mindset
- Business Fluency in both English and Chinese
- Self-starter, highly motivated with the ability to work as part of a team or independently as required
- High level of organizational and time management skills and flexibility in competently juggling competing priorities and changing expectations
- Some experience in project management, will skills necessary to interpret what is needed for the success of a project and to create appropriate schedules for timely delivery.
More searches like this
- Academics Consulting Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Compliance/Regulatory Consulting Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Performance Analysis Consulting Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Other Consulting Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors