Quantitative Portfolio Manager
WHO WE ARE
Neighborly is a venture-backed startup headquartered in downtown San Francisco, with offices in Boston, New York, and Kansas City. Positioned at the intersection of technology, finance and government, Neighborly is modernizing public finance — reconnecting cities and public agencies with their constituents, and unlocking new sources of capital for infrastructure projects like schools, parks, community solar and municipal broadband.
We are a team of technologists, public servants, bankers and asset managers transforming how public finance serves our communities, making the $1B dollar per day municipal bond market more efficient, transparent and accessible. With experience from MIT, UC Berkeley, Stanford, LinkedIn, Uber, MuleSoft, Stitch Fix, Standish Mellon and J.P. Morgan, Neighborly is building a modern system for financing impactful public projects.
Neighborly is modernizing access to public finance by facilitating a more efficient, effective and equitable system to finance vital projects.
Our tech platform takes out the middlemen, making it easier for communities to invest in the places they care about and giving asset managers the tools they need to find the best impact opportunities for their clients. We’re building new tools so all investors -- from retail to sovereign wealth funds -- can invest in world-positive projects like new resilient infrastructure, quality education and clean drinking water.
What You’ll Do
- Responsible for portfolio research and implementation for all aspects of the investment process for individual and institutional clients.
- Manage client accounts according to objectives and investment policies.
- Work with engineers and product managers to design portfolio management software, including a market dashboard of material indicators
- Perform regular investment reviews, presenting clients with information on asset allocation, portfolio analytics, performance and economic and market updates.
- Possess fiduciary standards knowledge.
- Assist in new business efforts.
- Able to present at business development seminars or conferences.
- Active member of the Investment Committee, driving risk allocation and macro views.
- Generate market insights for client and internal investment consumption.
- Interact with traders and research analysts to vet primary and secondary offerings.
- Monitor and evaluate market, sector and issuer-specific developments.
- Analyze market data, trade data, and alternative data sets using Python, Matlab, or R to develop trade ideas for client portfolios.
- At least 5 years working in live trading environment.
- Passionate about the merits of impact investing andthe power of open data.
- Familiarity with portfolio management systems.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Python, R, or Matlab.
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, mathematics, engineering or similar. Master’s degree is a plus.
- CFA and/or FRM would be a plus.
- Broad municipal sector experience preferred over dedicated, in-depth sector experience.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral with willingness and ability to communicate ideas to clients and management.
- Skills in reviewing, monitoring, and developing internal governing procedures and policies.
- Experienced enough to know how the municipal industry operates today, but with a strong desire to make it more efficient and transparent in the future.
- Humble, hungry, and curious to the core.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Credit analysis or portfolio management experience.
- Knowledge of derivatives and other fixed-income asset classes.
- Experience in a startup environment or fintech company.