Retail Distribution - Branch Network
Hang Seng's Retail Distribution focuses on personal wealth management and financial services. Our one-stop wealth management initiatives are designed for both our affluent and mass integrated account customers. With more than 170 branches and automated banking centres, including over 50 Prestige Banking Centres for our high-end personal customers, we serve over half of the adult population, offering an extensive range of products.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our branch network as Branch Manager.
- Formulate and implement sales and business development plans for the branch to achieve the assigned business targets
- Monitor the service standards of branch staff to ensure provision of premium customer services
- Enforce established internal operation / procedures to mitigate operational risks and ensure strict sales compliance
- Coach and motivate branch staff to build a professional and capable work force
- University degree in Business Administration or a related discipline, or other relevant qualifications such as CFA, CFP or CFMP
- Passes in the HKSI licensing examinations
- Minimum 8 years' banking experience, with experience in promoting various wealth management products
- Good communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Strong self-motivation and drive to succeed, with ability to work under pressure
- Proficiency in both English and Chinese
- High level of customer centricity mindset with dedication to deliver exceptional quality services for customers
Work location will be subject to change and to be decided by Line Management upon joining.
All information provided by applicants will be used only for recruitment purposes and will be used strictly in accordance with the Bank's personal data policies, a copy of which may be obtained by the applicant upon request. Unless otherwise instructed in writing by the applicant concerned, applicants may be considered for other suitable positions within the Bank and its related companies. The personal data of unsuccessful job applicants may be retained for a maximum of two years from the date when the job application is rejected and such data may be retained for a longer period if there is a subsisting reason that obliges the Bank to do so, after which the personal data will be destroyed.