Business Developer - Wholesale
- Expand client base amongst EAMs, IFAs and FOs, as part of the Wholesale business at HSBC Global Asset Management (AMG) by delivering solutions that are valuable to the client
- Act as the Client Relationship Manager (CRM) and entry point for all EAMs, IFAs and FOs in German-speaking Switzerland
- Increase market share and revenues amongst EAMs, IFAs and FOs in German-speaking Switzerland for AMG by increasing Assets under Distribution
Customers / Stakeholders
- Focus on client needs; develop long-term relationships with EAM, IFA and FO clients, based on mutual trust as well as service quality and accountability.
- Offer innovative ideas to clients in an ever changing business environment.
- Perform daily business while always acting with utmost integrity, never compromising with HSBC Group principles of highest standards of fiduciary conduct and governance.
- Ensure positive relationships are built within the HSBC Global Asset Management organisation, closely co-operate with the rest of the Wholesale team and other HSBC AMG and Group entities by actively referring clients, whenever possible.
- Ensure that EAMs, IFAs and FOs are properly tiered according to their potential business, are covered according to their status and receive adequate services.
- Prospect EAMs, IFAs and FOs and assess whether they have a substantial level of assets to potentially become a valuable business partner for HSBC
- Develop and manage a significant opportunity pipeline of business
- Validate and update client data in ClientPro (CRM system) including opportunity pipeline
Leadership & Teamwork
- Build and maintain positive and productive working relationships internally and externally
- Actively participate in the AMG and HSBC Group business planning and target setting process; help Head of Wholesale define and maintain a vision and strategy for the Wholesale business in Switzerland.
Specific Risk & Compliance Responsibilities
- Maintain awareness and comply with HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Perform responsibilities with integrity and high standards of ethics, complying fully with the Compliance Policy as well as with both the spirit and letter of the law, rules and practices that govern the HSBC Group globally.
- Maintain awareness of the Operational Risk Scenario associated with the role and minimise risk
- Dealing in an ever changing market environment with a high degree of uncertainty
- Dealing in an ever changing client industry, client needs, regulatory environment
- Generating revenues for HSBC even when products do not perform amongst top quartile versus competitors
- Provide best-in-class service in a very competitive environment.
- High degree of freedom to perform the job, guided by Head of Wholesale Switzerland and CEO HSBC AM Switzerland
- Focus primarily on Swiss-registered funds, i.e. the HGlF Lux Sicav (traditional long-only) fund range, the HSBC ETF range and the HAlL (alternative) fund range, and ensure that the solutions offered to clients are appropriate to their needs.
- Align internal resources in order to improve existing proposition and to provide the foundation for future growth.
- Support Global initiatives such as cross-border marketing under the guidance of and in close collaboration with AMCH shareholders.
- Provide the appropriate support (e.g. RfPs, market research) to client service staff in order to enhance efficiency
- Adhere to procedures, manuals and guidelines
Management of Risk
- Is aware of the Operational Risk scenario associated with the role and acts in a manner that takes account of operational risk considerations
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Understands, follows and demonstrates compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which the jobholder is involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy.
Knowledge & Qualifications
- Proven track record in covering EAMs, IFAs and FOs
- Has a well-developed network of clients amongst EAMs, IFAs and FOs
- Business Development and Client Servicing
- 3 to 5 years' experience in similar roles
- Fluency in German and English languages required (verbal and writing), Swiss-German and French are an advantage
- Thorough understanding of asset management/investment strategies, i.e. holds further educational qualifications (e.g. CFA, CAIA or others)
- Good communication and presentation skills, strong organisational skills
- MS Office knowledge required (PowerPoint, Word, Excel).
Please apply via our career website:
Position reference number: 0000AZAR