Senior Research Analyst - Boutique Investment Consulting Firm
Introduction to Cook Street
Cook Street Consulting, Inc. (“Cook Street”) is an investment consulting firm located in Greenwood Village, Colorado. We are 100% employee-owned, independent, and focused on serving institutional clients in a fiduciary capacity. Our mission is to form partnerships with our clients to assist them in developing effective investment programs and managing fiduciary liability.
Established in 1999, we currently (as of December 31, 2017) provide investment advisory and fiduciary services to 120 clients representing over $42 billion in assets in the United States and Canada. We are one of the largest retirement plan consulting firms in the U.S. and service corporate, governmental, and non-profit entities including Fortune 500 companies and nationally recognized non-profit organizations.
We currently seek a full-time Senior Research Analyst to begin work immediately. The individual selected for this position will be responsible for ongoing investment due diligence, analysis and reporting to institutional clients, specifically to include:
- Investment manager due diligence and selection
- Asset class research
- Asset allocation modeling
- Portfolio construction
- Macroeconomic and industry research
Cook Street’s Research Department is responsible for delineating the firm’s investment policy and the research which supports that policy. An ideal candidate for this position will have had 3-5 years of previous experience in a similar role within the investment industry. The candidate will be proficient in Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook) as well as PDF software. Experience with investment and financial analysis platforms such as Bloomberg, eVestment, and Morningstar Direct is preferred, as is a desire to progress towards the Chartered Financial Analyst® designation (if it has not already been attained). We are looking for an ambitious individual who is interested in a long-term career in the investment consulting industry.
We welcome candidates from a variety of backgrounds. The following is a basic outline of desired qualities:
- Attentive to Detail – Our success as a firm is intrinsically linked to the quality and accuracy of our materials.
- Team-Oriented – Cooperation with the research team and additional departments to meet deadlines with quality work is absolutely essential.
- Independent Thinker – A successful candidate must be capable of thinking critically and independently. A candidate must be able to quickly process new information and work autonomously under tight deadlines.
- Professional and Personable – The vast majority of our new business comes through referrals. Our reputation is one of the greatest assets we possess. A successful candidate must be comfortable interacting and presenting in different environments, such as with clients and investment managers.
- Ambitious – We are a fast growing company with around 25 full-time employees. We are looking for someone with a long-term interest in Cook Street and in growth opportunities in one or more of our business divisions (research, consulting, operations, reporting).
We offer a competitive salary including an annual performance-based bonus and quarterly bonuses. We also offer retirement benefits including an automatic employer 401(k) contribution, 401(k) discretionary matching, and profit sharing contributions. 100% of employee medical coverage is paid by the employer.
If you are interested in the position, please e-mail your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements (please provide a range if possible) to Stuart Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and “2018 Senior Research Analyst Position” in the subject line (e.g. “Jane Smith – 2018 Senior Research Analyst Position”).
Thank you for your interest.
Stuart Thomas, CFA
Director of Research
Cook Street Consulting, Inc.
More searches like this
- ESG/Socially Responsible Research Consulting Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Consulting Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Multimanager Strategies Consulting Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Performance Analysis Consulting Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Multi-Asset Consulting Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors