Hancock Natural Resource Group, Inc. (HNRG) was founded in 1985 and is based in Boston, Massachusetts. It is a registered investment advisor and wholly owned subsidiary of Manulife Financial Corporation. HNRG’s agriculture investment arm is Hancock Agriculture Investment Group (HAIG). HAIG develops and manages customized farmland portfolios for a global client base, and is one the world’s largest agricultural investment management organizations. As of December 2017, assets under management totaled $2.9 billion. These assets are located in the United States, Canada, and Australia.
The Portfolio Manager reports to the Associate Director of Client Account Management.
- Heavy interface with client representatives.
- Development and implementation of client investment strategies, including portfolio construction proposals with detailed analysis.
- Evaluation of acquisition and disposition opportunities
- Evaluation of portfolio performance including in-depth financial statement analysis and impact return analysis for all recommendations.
- Development and implementation of acquisition funding strategies
- Development and management of all aspects of the client relationship, including:
- Coordinating client communications
- Ensuring that client service needs are met (e.g. portfolio reviews, financial reporting, property visits, satisfying ad hoc requests)
- Monitoring the portfolio for compliance with contracts and regulations
In addition to the responsibilities associated with existing clients, the Portfolio Manager will also support marketing efforts associated with the development of new business.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in resource economics, business administration, finance, or economics
- Graduate degree in a finance, economics, resource economics or business is desirable
- 8 plus years of experience, with notable client facing experience, required.
- Prior experience working with clients in an advisory role preferred.
- Either a CFA or CAIA designation is desirable.
- Several years of experience in the agriculture or agribusiness industry is a plus, however any real asset experience is desirable.
- Understanding of financial statements, portfolio construction, and investment analysis.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to work at all levels in an organization, have excellent relationship building skills, and be a team player
- Organizational skills and the ability to efficiently manage several diverse tasks at the same time to meet required deadlines
Applicants must possess the required qualifications, as described above, in order to be considered.
Hancock Natural Resource Group is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. The Company is committed to employ, train, promote and compensate individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability without regard to race, color, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, veteran or marital status.
More searches like this
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Alternatives Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Equities Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Fixed Income Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Multi-Asset Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors