Senior Portfolio Manager, Trust
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work. A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who enhances the team's ability to build deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
Edward Jones, ranked one of the nation's top employers by Fortune Magazine is seeking a highly skilled individual to serve as a Senior Portfolio Manager within the Edward Jones Trust Company. The duties include consulting with financial advisors, clients and other professionals to review and assess the needs of the client. The senior portfolio manager will then identify an asset allocation and construct a portfolio that aligns with the client's objectives. The senior portfolio manager will have ongoing communication with both financial advisors and clients articulating changes and account performance.
* Bachelor's degree required. Business-related degree strongly preferred. Master's degree preferred
* Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or actively pursuing CFA designation consistent with department policy.
* Ten+ years financial services experience. Minimum six years' experience in portfolio management or related roles that required making investment recommendations relied upon by others.
* Expert-level understanding of investments and portfolio management strategies, Modern Portfolio Theory, Prudent Investor Rule and Uniform Trust Code.
* Demonstrated experience with estate planning principles, taxes, insurance and other financial planning-related items
* Strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
* Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to provide concise, relevant market commentary and explain sometimes complex investment terms to clients
* Experience in mentoring and providing feedback to fellow associates and/or serving as a point of escalation for complex or difficult decisions
* Proficiency in spreadsheets, databases, and other software programs (Morningstar Direct, Bloomberg, Microsoft Office, Factset, ect.)