Director, Business Development
Title: Director, Business Development, East Coast
Location: Greenwich, CT
Role: The Director of Business Development will be responsible for developing relationships and raising assets with institutional investors. The role will primarily focus on Non-Religious Endowments, Foundations, Corporate and Public Plans located on the East Coast. The individual selected for this senior sales role will have a strong track record of raising assets from institutional investors in these channels. The person must be comfortable managing the sales process from developing a prospect pipeline through onboarding a new client relationship. The position will be based in Impax’s Greenwich, CT offices, and cover the East Coast of the United States, roughly defined as the area east of the Mississippi River. This position reports to the Executive Director Business Development in Greenwich. Additional requirements are listed below.
Impax Asset Management
Impax is an award-winning investment manager dedicated to sustainability investing - the opportunities created by the transition to a more sustainable economy. Impax offers a broad range of strategies managed by both its London based team (Impax London) and its US based team (Impax US). Impax is regarded as a thought leader in defining the markets in which it invests and is seeing rapidly accelerating interest in sustainable investing among Endowments, Foundations, corporate and Public Plans, and other investors. To accommodate this increased interest, we are expanding our business development team.
Impax London: Our listed equity and fixed income strategies focus on companies that are set to benefit from the long-term trends of rising global populations, wealth, and consumption, increasing urbanization, and the resulting demand for resource efficiency. Impax invests in companies involved in energy efficiency, alternative energy, water, waste/resource recovery, food, agriculture, and sustainable forestry as well as in broader themes around basic needs, evolving health care challenges, financial inclusion, and related markets. Impax’s private equity infrastructure funds invest in the development of renewable power generation and related assets, primarily in Europe.
Impax US (formerly Pax World Management LLC), is investment adviser to Pax World Funds (Pax) and a pioneer in the field of sustainable investing. Impax-US offers a diverse lineup of eleven mutual funds and strategies focused on the risks and opportunities associated with the transition to a more sustainable global economy:
• Active U.S. Equity: High conviction, fundamental large cap, mid cap and small cap strategies
• Smart Beta U.S. Equity: Quality and dividend multi-factor investing strategies
• Passive International Equity: Diversified non-U.S. developed markets strategy targeting ESG leaders
• Global Thematic Equity: Resource optimization and gender-lens investing strategies
• Active U.S Fixed Income: Core and high yield sustainable investing strategies
• Asset Allocation: Multi-asset allocation strategy of Pax funds with full ESG integration
Impax-US manages these diverse offerings using three distinct approaches: actively-managed US Equities, actively-managed Fixed Income, and systematic ESG Beta solutions, which focuses on providing sustainable diversified market oriented portfolios. Each approach fully integrates environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors into its investment research and portfolio construction process to generate financial returns that meet investment objectives, better manage long-term risks, and deliver competitive long-term investment performance.
- • Independently develop sales opportunities and manage designated relationships for Impax’s investment strategies with Non Religious Endowments, Foundations, Corporate and Public Plans located in the East Coast Sales Territory under the supervision of the Executive Director – Business Development.
- • Work in close cooperation with the US and London based investment and business development support teams to grow Impax’s North American clientele.
- • Maintain accurate and up to date records in Impax’s CRM system to reflect contact information, key contacts, activities, sent documents, opportunities, and mailing list information.
- • Respond to detailed investment information requests and RFIs/RFPs in a timely, accurate and persuasive manner with the support of the US and London teams.
- • Ably represent Impax in meetings with prospective investors.
- • Transition new client relationships to client service personnel on a seamless basis during the first year of the mandate.
- • Help build Impax’s profile by attending and presenting at designated events.
- • Participate in Impax’s long-range planning and business development exercises, as requested.
- • Four-year college degree; MBA and/or CFA preferred.
- • A minimum of ten years’ experience with institutional asset management sales and client service. A proven, successful track record of institutional asset management sales experience, preferably in global equity strategies.
- • Experience with establishing and maintaining productive relationships with Endowments, Foundations, Corporate and Public Plans located in the East Coast Sales Territory.
- • Ability to understand and articulate Impax’s investment strategies, including investment philosophy and process, portfolio attributes, current positioning and holdings, risk and performance metrics.
- • Demonstrated ability to work productively and independently to achieve assigned tasks with a minimum amount of direct supervision.
- • Possess high standards of excellence with a strong work ethic.
- • Excellent written and oral communications skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- • Fluency with CRM systems and Microsoft Office. Familiarity with the output of investment related analytics systems.
- • Willingness to travel extensively, primarily in the Eastern US.
- • Personable and professional in demeanour.
- • Personally committed to sustainability and addressing the global challenges related to climate change, rising populations, limited natural resources and related environmental issues.
- • Interact on a personal level with Impax staff globally while being sensitive to cultural norms.
- • Maintain strict client confidentiality.
- • Collaborate effectively with team members, other employees, and other teams.
- • Willingly help co-workers and share job and/or business systems knowledge.
- • Help provide coverage during absence of co-workers.
- • Participate in and actively contribute to special projects when asked.
- • Proactively offer suggestions to enhance efficiency, quality, and productivity.
- • Actively participate in team and company meetings.
- • Actively introduce ideas, alternatives, and solutions to challenges that arise.
- • Willingly participate in company-sponsored training.
- • Contribute to and protect Impax’s vibrant, collaborative culture where excellence and fresh thinking are recognized and rewarded.
- • This position requires travel. When traveling, employees of Impax are expected to conduct themselves with the utmost professionalism at all times.
- • Impax offers a competitive compensation, retirement, health and benefits package.
- • Compensation is commensurate with experience.
All positions with Impax are subject to trial periods with quarterly performance reviews during the first year and semi-annual reviews thereafter. Reviews will be based on clearly defined quantitative and qualitative metrics.
Impax is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send a copy of your resume along with a cover letter and compensation requirements to CV@impaxam.com. We will make every effort to respond to qualified candidates. No phone calls please.