Investment Analyst - Single Family Office
A small, Chicago-based private single family office (SFO) that invests across a range of asset classes, directly in securities and assets, and indirectly through fund managers, is seeking an analyst to assist in portfolio analysis, monitoring, and reporting in the public and private markets.
- Reporting – Support in the creation of regular and ad-hoc materials for internal analysis and Lakeview’s Investment Committee
- Process & Automation – Proactively automate and improve the process as needed
- Manager Due Diligence – Sourcing new manager relationships and conducting due diligence of potential investments
- Security Analysis – Analyze a security through financial statement analysis
- Manager Monitoring – helping oversee existing manager relationships and regularly assessing results through analysis
- Portfolio Analysis – working with the CIO on the critical tools and analysis that support asset allocation, liquidity management, risk management and performance attribution
- Special Projects – leading special projects related to various markets, sectors and geographies
- Passion for investing
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record
- CFA and/or MBA is a plus, but not required
- Strong quantitative skills – must be proficient in Microsoft Excel
- 4 to 8 years of prior work experience in a highly analytical role (applicable roles include asset management, consulting or banking)
- Willingness to travel
- Unquestionable ethics, integrity, and discretion
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Hardworking, professionally driven, and dedicated
- Collegial and strong EQ
Compensation: Competitive compensation in the form of a salary and annual bonus. In addition, Lakeview offers an excellent benefits package. For a strong performer, there is likely to be good opportunity for increased responsibilities and career advancement.
Application: Please provide a concise writing sample answering the following question: What is your investment philosophy and what factors have influenced it?
Send your writing sample, cover letter, and resume to email@example.com. Please write “Analyst – Your Name” in the subject line.