Equity Derivatives Jr. Market Risk Manager
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking and asset management capabilities. Founded in 1856, Credit Suisse has expanded to be a global force employing over 45,000 people in 50 countries. With new leadership, a new strategy and a streamlined global organization, we are set for growth. We partner across businesses, divisions and regions to create innovative solutions to meet the needs of our clients—and to help our employees grow. It is a high priority for us to continually invest in our employees by providing ongoing opportunities for training, networking and mobility. Join us and let's shape the future of Credit Suisse together.
An exciting opportunity to join the Market Risk team in Mumbai, within the Chief Risk Officer (CRO) division, focussed on the Credit Suisse Global Markets Equities business (cash and Derivatives). The function provides high-quality services within the core market risk functions to Global Market CRO divisions. This role will offer you excellent learning and career growth opportunities, interaction with cross-regional departments across CRO and beyond (Product Control, Front Office, FO quants and IT), and exposure to senior risk and trading members.
Key tasks and responsibilities include:
- Perform trading risk and p&l analysis on a daily/BAU basis.
- Analysis and understanding of:
- Key risk exposures and transactions on grounds of market risk concepts with emphasis on option greeks.
- Equity Derivatives products – vanilla and exotic options, and be-spoke structured products built over these.
- Capital measures, such as VaR, IRC, and in-house custom Scenarios.
- Revenue and loss drivers for various desks.
- Regulatory deliverables (e.g. FDSF and Volcker).
- Liaising with the Global MLRM teams (based in London, New York, and Switzerland), on major moves in trading risks/p&l, and any markets/pricing/data issue that have been identified.
- Executing and driving ad-hoc projects and analysis in Mumbai for senior Market Risk management.
- Produce and improve upon existing cluster deliverables (risk/p&l summaries and explanations, business specific reports/MIS) in terms of efficiency by automations and better quality risk data.
- You Offer
- 4-6+ years of experience in banking roles with a focus on all or one of risks, markets, products, and valuations.
- A degree in Finance, Engineering, or Sciences, from one of the top tier schools in India; an advanced degree preferred, but not essential with relevant expertise and experience.
- Sound Understanding of finance theory and products is a prerequisite, with working knowledge of equity derivatives (options) and pricing (exotic derivatives a plus).
- Excellent interpersonal skills; self-starter with ability to work independently without supervision; be able to supervise and guide the junior risk analysts in the team.
- Strong computing skills: SQL and VBA preferred, R/Python are good to have.