Head of Audit
Managing the audit team the Head of Audit will be leading delivery of the audit plan, you'll execute the strategies for Group Internal Audit. This will also include supporting bank-wide risk assessments that ensure audit activity is aligned to the assurance needs of the business, and enabling relationships with the senior leadership team.
The Head of Audit will focus on ensuring best practice, building a culture of high performance, developing and optimising a team of auditors and championing internal audit as an objective, independent and critical business partner. Audits will cover a wide portfolio of product lines and services.
What we are looking for
- Ideally of graduate calibre or proven track record in audit
- Experience working for a notable audit firm desirable (e.g. BIG 4/Top 10)
- Relevant qualifications (e.g. ACA, FCA, ACCA, CFA, CIA etc.)
- Experience of leading auditors in a similarly dynamic financial services environment
- In-depth knowledge of audit methodologies and standards (data analytics capability a bonus)
- Working knowledge of UK regulation and PRA/FCA areas of regulatory focus.
- Ideally, experience of auditing risks across either banking/financial services products such as motor finance, residential and commercial mortgages, asset finance, retail savings and treasury would be advantageous
- Strong leadership capabilities key to optimising the performance of a team and building credibility across the organisation