Finance Analyst II, LACERA - Portfolio Analytics
The Finance Analyst II, LACERA (FA II) in the Portfolio Analytics Section is a new role that will report to a Principal Investment Officer (PIO).
The FA II will be responsible for assisting in the development of Portfolio Analytics in LACERA’s Investment Office.
The FA II will apply their expertise to enhance LACERA’s portfolio construction, corporate governance, risk management, performance monitoring, and data analysis.
The FA II will also be responsible for:
· Design and implement systems and practices to measure, analyze, and report on performance, risk, and investment exposures across the Fund.
· Develop and administer LACERA’s risk management program, including exposure management, asset category analysis, and hedging strategies.
· Assist in establishing LACERA’s outlook for asset classes and investment themes.
· Provide quantitative analytical support and capital markets research to assist in asset allocation and implementation decisions.
· Assist the Corporate Governance Team to develop procedures and implement an Environmental, Social, and Governance Program (ESG) for the Fund.
· Identify operational best practices and implement improvements to procedures and systems.
· Prepare briefing materials, reports and presentations to the Board of Investments, and Board Committees, and other duties as needed.
· Work with custody bank and investment consultants to oversee performance reporting.
The Ideal Candidate …
will meet the position's Selection Requirements and the following Desirable Qualifications:
· Knowledge of investment accounting.
· Experience in portfolio construction and data analysis.
· Experience working with a custody bank, auditors, and investment consultants.
· Experience on developing and implementing policies and procedures.
· Aptitude in conducting Investment analysis.
· Experience working with systems and practices to measure, analyze, and report on performance, risk, and investment exposures across a total fund or portfolio.
· Knowledge of Environment, Social, and Governance (ESG) data analysis and integration strategies.
· Knowledge of corporate governance trends and proxy voting platforms and reporting systems.
· Excellent organizational, analytical, and communication (oral and written) skills.
· Master’s of Business Administration (MBA) preferred.
· Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation preferred.
A Bachelor's degree from an accredited university with major course work in Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Mathematics, or a related field
Two (2) years’ responsible investment management experience assisting in the continuing supervision and review of an extensive investment program for a large financial institution or governmental agency. An additional two (2) years of the required experience may be substituted for a college degree.
Two (2) years’ experience at the level of Los Angeles County’s position of Finance Analyst I, LACERA.
LICENSE: A valid California Class C Driver License or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation when needed to carry out job-related essential functions.
How to Submit Your Interest...
If you wish to be considered for this position, please submit your resume along with a letter of interest which details your experience in the following areas:
• Experience working with systems and practices to measure, analyze, and report on performance, risk, and investment exposures across a total fund or portfolio; ability to investigate and resolve discrepancies
• Experience in portfolio construction and data analysis.
• Knowledge of corporate governance trends and proxy voting platforms and reporting systems.
• Knowledge of Environment, Social, and Governance (ESG) data analysis and integration strategies.
• Demonstrated aptitude in conducting Investment analysis.
• Experience on developing and implementing policies and procedures.
• Experience working with custody banks and investment consultants.
• Knowledge of investment accounting
• Knowledge of a broad range of investment strategies, investment compliance, and operations.
• Experience managing and manipulating large amounts of data in Excel.
Submit your resume and cover letter to:
LACERA Human Resources
300 North Lake Avenue, Suite 630
Pasadena, CA 91101- 4199
Attention: Michael Cordial, Senior Human Resources Analyst