(Associate) Treasury Risk Officer
The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking to recruit for its Risk Management Directorate (RM) - Financial Risk Department (FIN) - Treasury & Liquidity Division (T&L) - Treasury Risk Unit (TRU), at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a:
(Associate) Treasury Risk Officer
This is a full-time position at grade 4/5
The term of this contract will be 4 years
Panel interviews are anticipated for the beginning of July
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs,
with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organizational requirements and individual performance.
As an (Associate) Treasury Risk Officer internally referred to as "(Associate) Officer Financial Risk management), you will perform financial risk controls, credit risk controls and performance measurement/ reporting with a focus on the treasury portfolios. You will contribute to the maintenance of counterparty structure, credit limits, internal ratings and procedures used for such purposes.
You will report to the Head of the Treasury Risk Unit and will work in close cooperation with all members of the Unit. You will have high levels of interaction with colleagues in the Finance Directorate and you may also have external contacts with rating agencies and consultants.
- Perform daily risk controls (compliance with minimum rating criteria, interest rate sensitivity limits, credit limits and concentration limits).
- Measure and analyze the performance of investment portfolios (calculation of returns for assets and related benchmarks, analysis of trends, performance attribution).
- Participate in the drafting and revision of financial risk guidelines in the domain of treasury portfolios.
- Contribute to regular reporting activities.
- Produce analytical work related to monitoring of treasury portfolios.
- Maintain a database of counterparts used for treasury transactions and the related ratings.
- Provide support in event of audits and maintain documentation of internal procedures.
- Master's Degree in banking and finance.
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience in the banking or asset management sector.
- Deep understanding of interbank deposits and reverse repos, money market funds, government bonds, corporate bonds, covered bonds.
- Deep understanding of concepts/methodologies related to external ratings.
- Proficiency in Business Objects, Bloomberg, Bankscope and Excel VBA. Previous exposure to WSS Finance Kit would be a definite advantage.
- Familiarity with joint EIB Group / EU financing initiatives (e.g. NER 300) will be a plus.
- FRM / PRM / CFA certification or enrolment would be an advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of English and/or French (*). Knowledge of other European languages would be a strong advantage.
- Achievement Drive: continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals.
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes.
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organizational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns.
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organization whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behavior with the organization's needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organization's mission, policies and rules.
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank's working languages
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we promote the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced staff without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or disability (*).
(*). We particularly welcome applications from women and persons with disabilities.