Infrastructure Senior Portfolio Analyst
6 days left
APG Asset Management US
Title: Senior Portfolio Analyst
Building Block Infrastructure is a part of Alternative Investments platform of APG Asset Management, one of the largest institutional investors in the world. From the offices in Amsterdam, New York and Hong Kong, the infrastructure team is managing over $7 billion of investments in private infrastructure equities globally, across various sectors including transport, energy, utilities, telecommunications and social infrastructure. The portfolio comprises a mix of fund participations, co-investments and direct investments, and is set to expand further primarily with additions of direct and co-investments.
Working with portfolio managers and fellow analysts, Senior Portfolio Analyst will actively contribute to securing new investment deals in the region, monitoring positions already in the portfolio and implementing various strategic projects internally.
- Champion financial modeling and otherwise assist in evaluating potential investments (strategy, structure, investment costs).
- Coordinate due diligence workstreams with external advisers, typically including accounting & tax, commercial, legal, technical and environmental due diligence, as well as reviews of potential partners and external managers.
- Assist in preparation of proposals and presentations for APG investment committee as well as for other internal and external audiences.
- Contribute to originating new investment ideas (leveraging off public analysts, networking, industry publications).
- Assist in monitoring current investments (read quarterly reports, meet periodically with management, assist in preparation of investment management reviews).
- In partnership with back- and mid-office, facilitate generation of complete and up-to-date reporting on the existing investments, which includes tracking asset performance , risk profiles, investment costs etc.
- Attend conferences to expand knowledge of market environment and products as well as to network within industry.
- Otherwise fulfill SPA obligations under the APG Investment Process and Investment Management Process.
- Contribute to the on-going portfolio construction research with a view of updating capital allocation targets (top-down) and proactively identifying relevant market trends and developments (bottom-up);
- Contribute to liaison with infrastructure colleagues in Amsterdam and Hong-Kong to exchange ideas and facilitate best investment practices.
Senior Portfolio Analyst will have a clear understanding of private infrastructure equity as an asset class and/or of infrastructure project finance. S/he will have associate-level experience in M&A environment and, potentially, portfolio management expertise. The successful candidate will have the following experience and attributes:
- At least 2-4 years of relevant working experience.
- Demonstrable affinity with the various investment management workstreams, with particular focus on financial modeling and coordinating due diligence.
- Generalist mindset with strong analytical skills and ability to act in an entrepreneurial setting decisively, yet in a disciplined manner.
- University degree in economics or business studies. MBA and/or CFA would be an asset.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, preferably, with a command of Spanish.
APG Asset Management US Inc. (APG) is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by applicable law.