Infrastructure Portfolio Manager
6 days left
APG Asset Management US
Title: Portfolio Manager
Building Block Infrastructure is a part of Alternative Investments platform of APG Asset Management, one of the largest institutional investors in the world. From the offices in Amsterdam, New York and Hong Kong, the infrastructure team is managing over $7 billion of investments in private infrastructure equities globally, across various sectors including transport, energy, utilities, telecommunications and social infrastructure. The portfolio comprises a mix of fund participations, joint ventures, co-investments and direct investments, and is set to expand further primarily with additions of direct and co-investments.
Working with fellow portfolio managers, Portfolio Manager will actively contribute to securing new investments in the region, monitoring existing portfolio positions, and implementing various internal strategic projects.
- Champion financial modeling and otherwise assist in evaluating potential investments (strategy, structure, investment costs).
- Coordinate due diligence work streams with external advisers, typically including accounting & tax, commercial, legal, technical and environmental due diligence, as well as reviews of potential partners and external managers.
- Assist in preparation of proposals and presentations for APG investment committee as well as for other internal and external audiences.
- Contribute to originating new investment ideas (leveraging off public analysts, networking, industry publications).
- Assist in monitoring and managing existing portfolio investments (review quarterly reports, periodic meetings with management, preparation of investment management reviews).
- In partnership with back- and mid-office, facilitate generation of complete and up-to-date reporting on the existing investments, which includes tracking asset performance, risk profiles, investment costs etc.
- Attend industry conferences to expand knowledge of market environment and products as well as to facilitate information flow and investment opportunities.
- Otherwise fulfill Portfolio Manager obligations under the APG Investment Process and Investment Management Process.
- Contribute to the on-going portfolio construction research with a view of updating capital allocation targets (top-down) and proactively identifying relevant market trends and developments (bottom-up);
- Contribute to liaison with infrastructure colleagues in Amsterdam and Hong-Kong to exchange ideas and facilitate best investment practices.
Portfolio Manager should have a clear understanding of private infrastructure equity as an asset class and/or of infrastructure project finance. S/he should have relevant experience in an M&A environment and, preferably, portfolio management expertise. The successful candidate should have the following experience and attributes:
- At least 5-7 years of working experience in infrastructure, including relevant experience in an M&A role.
- Demonstrable affinity with the various investment management work streams, with particular focus on financial modeling and coordinating due diligence.
- Generalist mindset with strong analytical skills and ability to act in an entrepreneurial setting decisively, yet in a disciplined manner.
- University degree in economics or business studies. MBA and/or CFA would be an asset.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, preferably, with a command of Spanish.
APG Asset Management US Inc. (APG) is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by applicable law.