Collectives Research Analyst
Collectives Research Analyst
Reporting to: Group Head of Investment Research
Responsible for: Investment Research
Location: Bromsgrove, Worcestershire
Salary: Dependent on experience
AFH offers a broad range of wealth management and financial planning services to both mass affluent and high net worth individuals as well as companies. We are a financial adviser led wealth management firm with assets under management of circa £2.8 billion as of January 2018.
The Group Investment Research department is responsible for asset allocation, fund research, direct asset research and portfolio construction. We cover a wide array of asset classes including equities, fixed income, real estate, and alternative assets.
Group Investment Research is recruiting for a Collectives Research Analyst. We are keen to speak to ccandidates’ with 5 years or more experience in Collectives Research and a capacity to cover all the major asset classes. The ideal candidate should be CFA qualified and have a degree in a quantitative subject. The role will have some responsibility for managing and helping to develop some junior team members.
The role is based in Bromsgrove which is on the outskirts of Birmingham, and would therefore appeal to candidates looking to move out of London and live in the countryside but still have a highly involved role in the investment industry.
The key responsibilities of the role are as follows:
Collectives Research Responsibilities
- Perform quantitative analysis on funds in order to identify top performing fund managers in the investment universe.
- Perform due diligence on fund managers, in order to ascertain their ability to consistently add alpha above their respective benchmarks.
- Produce research reports on fund managers across multiple asset classes and investment strategies.
- Work with other team members to create periodic sector/industry outlooks.
- Work closely with Portfolio Managers to coordinate research and generate ideas.
Portfolio Construction and Other Responsibilities
- Construct and monitor model and bespoke portfolios across multiple investment platforms.
- Assist portfolio managers with the construction of bespoke portfolios for clients.
- Assist in spreadsheet maintenance and any other operational tasks required.
- A good grasp of fixed income and equity funds is a must.
- Good quantitative skills and knowledge of Microsoft Excel with the ability to build models.
- Strong communication and presentation skills as the candidate will be expected to periodically present reports at investment committee meetings.
- Strong conviction with the ability to convince portfolio managers and other team members to agree on ideas they present.
- A graduate degree in a quantitative subject, preferably economics or finance.
- Should ideally have completed their CFA charter.
- Knowledge of Bloomberg, Morningstar Direct and other financial software.
More searches like this
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Multimanager Strategies Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Multi-Asset Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Wealth Management Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors