Plato Capital Limited (“Plato”) is a Singapore-listed investment vehicle based in Kuala Lumpur that is involved in a range of investment activity in various industries (hotels, education, financial services, precision manufacturing etc.) at different stages (from start-up to privatization of listed companies). The investment team at Plato has been behind the success of companies such as AirAsia X, ECM Libra Financial Group, Tune Hotels, Tune Protect, Tune Talk, and Big Loyalty.
Plato is looking to add to its investment team as it expands and enhances operations at its portfolio of companies.
As an Analyst, you will participate in all aspects of the investment process, from initial screening and due diligence, through to approval, post-investment monitoring, and reporting. In addition to the above, the Analyst will play an active role in the development and implementation of value creation initiatives within Group investee companies.
This position demands excellent communications skills, solid financial analytics and spreadsheet modeling skills, perseverance and creativity in researching information and the ability to balance multiple tasks.
- Assist senior investment team members in the sourcing and evaluation of investment opportunities which will include preparation of research papers, financial models and investment memorandums
- Prepare monthly operations and financials updates for portfolio companies
- Provide continuous support to management of portfolio companies including recommending potential avenues to improve processes, operations and performance
- Possesses a Bachelor’s degree from a top-tier undergraduate university
- At least one (1) year of experience within investment banking / private equity / transaction advisory services / management consultancy and/or audit
- Level 1 CFA and/or a profession accounting certification is preferable
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Power Point
- Ability to work independently within a team context and with multiple team leaders
- Ability to effectively formulate and articulate opinions persuasively both verbally and in written form
- Intellectual curiosity and attention to detail
- Organizational and time-management skills