Location: This role is based in Wayne, PA and will require significant travel to our San Francisco office for the first six months.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Managing and maintaining portfolios to weights determined by portfolio managers and strategists
- Rebalancing portfolios due to strategic changes, market movements, cash flows, or other client directions
- Manage appropriate cash levels, including monitoring settlement issues
- Ensure adherence to portfolio guidelines, client guidelines, and internal process/procedures
- Drive portfolio management process/procedure development and improvement, including implementation of new technology
- Provide regular and ad hoc reporting on portfolio management, performance, trading, etc.
- Generate trade lists, and provide backup for equities trader as needed
- Perform reconciliation and oversight
- Address compliance and enterprise risk issues as needed
- 5-10 years of relevant experience on a portfolio management team; experience with fund of funds, portfolio construction, and/or fund operations is a plus.
- Familiarity with best-in-class portfolio management and order management systems
- Experience with Bloomberg for market data and execution
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Excel, Access)
- Excellent mathematical, statistical, and analytical skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset, and comfort wearing different hats to accomplish team goals
- Attention to detail