Director, Capital Market Policy & Strategy
The Director, Capital Markets Policy and Strategy will identify and direct advocacy activities and promote CFA Institute’s capital markets agenda, policies, and positions with the mission of enhancing market fairness, efficiency, transparency, and investor protection in the Asia Pacific region. The Director will focus on financial market regulation pertinent to the asset management industry and will work with Head, Advocacy to shape and maximise the success of APAC Capital Markets Policy efforts. The position will contribute to the global strategic and operational priorities of the Advocacy strategic function, monitor financial markets, conduct research on topics relating to market integrity, speak at conferences and CFA Society events, and conduct other public awareness activities.
The Director, Capital Markets Policy and Strategy will be accountable for identifying and executing research projects and related activities and help manage the APAC Capital Markets Policy research pipeline. This work will include initiating research ideas as well as conducting and completing research white papers responding to legislative and regulatory initiatives and other relevant APAC issues. This position also will build and maintain relationships with regulators, standard setting authorities, and other relevant bodies who influence APAC financial markets. The Director, Capital Markets Policy will work with the Advocacy strategic function and with other functional and country teams regionally and globally to ensure that relevant APAC and functional strategic goals are met.
The position will be headquartered in Hong Kong and will be led by the Head of Advocacy, APAC.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- CFA Charter preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in one or more of the following areas: corporate governance, asset management, securities research, compliance and securities regulations.
- Direct knowledge and/or experience in the asset management industry
- Experience in policy research writing is a plus.
- Fluency in English required; multilingual would be useful.
- Strategic competence in identifying internal and external resources and leveraging resources to enhance the quantity and quality of outcomes.
- Ability to develop policy recommendations that are consistent with CFA Institute standards.
- Must demonstrate outstanding of stewardship and relationship building/ management skills to expand the mission of CFA Institute.
- Knowledge and experience of financial markets and issues in the Asia Pacific region.
For more detiled job description and list of qualifications please go to https://osv-cfainstitute.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/Careers/job/Hong-Kong/Director--Capital-Market-Policy---Strategy_R-455
More searches like this
- Academics Centre of Excellence CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Masters
- Compliance/Regulatory Centre of Excellence CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Masters
- Equities Research: Buy Side Centre of Excellence CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Masters
- ESG/Socially Responsible Research Centre of Excellence CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Masters
- Fixed Income Research: Buy Side Centre of Excellence CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Masters