Associate Portfolio Manager
Goelzer Investment Management, a leading and rapidly growing Investment Advisory and Asset Management firm in Indianapolis is seeking to add an accomplished and motivated individual to our team in the role of Associate Portfolio Manager. Founded in 1969, Goelzer is an SEC-registered investment advisor providing comprehensive investment consulting, planning, advice, and portfolio management services. Advising on assets in excess of $1.75 billion, we currently serve approximately 500 private individual, families, and institutional clients located throughout the United States. Our team of investment professionals brings an average of 25 years of investment experience to bear on the decisions affecting each of our clients.
We are seeking a self-starter who displays initiative and a positive attitude, a high level of integrity, drive and the motivation to take on a variety of tasks in a team oriented environment.
The Associate Portfolio Manager will, working with Goelzer’s Client Advisors, evaluate, monitor, manage, and maintain client portfolios in compliance with the clients’ Personal Investment Policy. The chosen candidate will work as an integral part of the Goelzer investment team to implement investment strategies across client portfolios and work with client advisors to address specific client needs. Responsible for executing portfolio trades and rebalancing to ensure chosen investment strategies are implemented effectively and efficiently across client portfolio. Chosen candidate will also provide qualitative and quantitative research support to the investment team and helping support the continued growth of the firm.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
While working closely with the Client Advisors, implement and execute investment strategies on behalf of client portfolios in compliance with Goelzer Investment Management requirements and clients’ Personal Investment Policy.
Responsible for executing portfolio trades and rebalancing to ensure chosen investment strategies are implemented effectively and efficiently across client portfolio.
- Meet with clients and prospects as requested.
- Work alongside other Associates and Portfolio Management team conducting bottom up fundamental research as required in investment areas including equities, fixed income, and alternative assets.
- Support various general portfolio administrative activities in the office as needed.
Work Experience / Knowledge:
- Minimum 5+years of professional working experience.
- Relevant experience in Investment/Wealth Management or is preferred.
- Deep familiarity with portfolio management concepts and tools.
- Solid knowledge of the financial markets, investment vehicles, and financial planning.
- Familiarity with Tamarac, Bloomberg, Factset, eMoney and other cloud and server based investment tools.
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
- Superior analytical and quantitative skills (i.e. financial and data analysis).
- Advanced Excel (including VBA, pivot tables, LOOKUP, INDEX and SOLVER functions) and advanced PowerPoint skills are a plus.
- Superior communication skills (both verbal and written), organizational skills, and keen attention to detail are critical.
- Ability to produce high-quality work in a demanding, often time-constrained, environment is crucial.
- Demonstrate initiative, creativity, judgment, maturity and poise.
- Dedication to professionalism and confidentiality.
- Minimum Required: Bachelor’s degree in business or related discipline (Economics, Finance, Statistics & Mathematics strongly preferred)
- Chartered Financial Analyst® designation or similar advanced investment credentials preferred.
For more information or to apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to Megan French at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More searches like this
- Equities Research: Buy Side Asset Management Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Alternatives Asset Management Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Equities Asset Management Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Fixed Income Asset Management Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Multi-Asset Asset Management Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Bachelors