Portfolio Manager - IG Fixed Income
Invesco is a leading global asset management firm with more than $937B* in assets under management. We provide our retail and institutional clients a diverse and comprehensive range of investment capabilities to help people get more out of life. Invesco is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (IVZ) and has about 7,000 employees in over 20 countries.
(*As of December 31, 2017)
Job Purpose (Job Summary):
This position will manage a range of investment grade portfolios, making investment decisions on potential and existing investments. They will be responsible for Canadian focused portfolios as well as some US dollar fixed income portfolios.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
* Portfolio manager for Canadian based fixed income funds.
* Contribute to the Investment grade team’s process and portfolio management including views on the market, sector themes, and credit selections.
* Discuss individual credits with the investment grade credit analysts, focusing on relative value to comparable companies, industries, asset types, etc.
* Make investment decisions based on the context of various portfolio requirements/mandates and analyst recommendations.
* Daily - will monitor performance of portfolios; keep team members apprised of potential risks and/or recommendation changes.
* Market and contact clients and prospects.
* Complete written reports as requested/required.
Work Experience / Knowledge:
* Possesses at least 5-10 years related investment grade fixed income / credit analysis experience, with experience specifically in Canadian fixed income.
* Knowledge of basic accounting principles and financial statement preparation principles, i.e. GAAP
* Advanced knowledge of Excel, Power Point
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
* Ability to make timely, market-responsive decisions based on an educated risk assessment without complete information.
* Comfortable liaising with sell-side analysts and senior management of investee companies.
* Proven ability to apply principles of accounting and finance to accurately assess the financial health of companies.
* Good judgment – ability to detect anomalies and inconsistencies and ask pertinent questions
* Resourceful - an ability to locate information using a variety of various sources
* Awareness of emerging industry trends
* Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
* Strong research and analytical skills
* A team player with a professional demeanor
Formal Education: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
* Undergraduate degree in finance, economics, or business
License/Registration/Certification: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
* CFA an asset
* Occasional travel required.
FLSA (US Only): Exempt
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.
Invesco's culture of inclusivity and its commitment to diversity in the workplace are demonstrated through our people practices. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, or veteran status. Our equal opportunity employment efforts comply with all applicable U.S. state and federal laws governing non-discrimination in employment.