Senior Investment Analyst
As one of the world’s leading employee benefits providers and a Fortune 500 company, Unum helps protect more than 25 million working people and their families in the event of illness or injury.
- $50 Billion Assets under Management
- Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee
This position is responsible for analyzing, structuring, and monitoring debt private placements. The individual will provide credit opinions and recommendations to the VP, Senior Managing Director – Private Asset Investments and internal committees. These opinions and recommendations are utilized to evaluate risk, and are the basis for buy/sell/hold decisions.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Credit Analysis – New Transactions
- Assess credit quality of private placement offerings across various industries and countries, using a variety of research sources, including offering documents, rating agencies, Bloomberg, third party research, and SEC filings.
- Analyze various risk factors associated with the investment, including political, economic, legal, sovereign, industry, and liquidity risk.
- Work with legal counsel – both internal and external – to ensure that the transaction is appropriately structured.
- Work closely with supervisor and VP to ensure that recommended investments meet client objectives in terms of pricing, duration, risk tolerance, etc.
- Engage in due diligence of potential investments, including onsite visits; some travel required, both domestic and international
Credit Management Portfolio
- Monitor the credit quality of portfolio companies and make buy/sell/hold recommendations as changes in the credit profile or portfolio needs warrant
- Effectively communicate within Investments and other internal units, as well as external constituents such as senior management of portfolio companies, bankers, and legal counsel
- Assign internal credit outlooks and rate credits biannually Perform month end portfolio pricing in conjunction with Investment Accounting
- Work alongside legal counsel in amendment and workout situations
- Assume responsibilities for special projects or other duties when required
- 3+ years relevant work experience in investments and/or corporate lending; strong knowledge of fixed income market, economics, and credit research required
- Minimum Bachelor's degree required; MBA and/or CFA credentials preferred
- Strong analytical skills, both qualitative and quantitative
- Deep knowledge of financial statement analysis, financial modeling
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong critical thinking, with ability to problem-solve
- Excel and Bloomberg proficient
- Negotiation and documentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate in a team setting
Unum offers competitive pay, relocation assistance and excellent benefits.
Come join us if you're interested in working in an exciting and challenging environment for a company that is on the move!
Unum is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer regardless of a person’s race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, gender or sexual preference.
Location TN (Chattanooga)