Chief Investment Officer
The Saskatchewan Teachers’ Federation (STF) has supported teaching and learning excellence in public education for more than 80 years. As the professional association for PreK-12 teachers across the province, STF represents more than 13,000 members. One of the key mandates of the STF is to administer pension and benefit plans for the wellness of the province’s teachers and their families. STF is the trustee of the Saskatchewan Teachers’ Retirement Plan with an asset base of approximately $6B.
Reporting to the Senior Managing Director, Corporate Fund Services, the Chief Investment Officer (CIO) is responsible for the day to day management of the Federation’s Investment Services team. In particular, the CIO will provide strategic oversight to a team of investment professionals in managing the Federation’s multiple investment portfolios with a focus of increasing investment returns within the Federation’s desired risk appetite. In addition, the CIO will be required to regularly prepare material for, and present, to the Federation’s committee of external investment experts.
The ideal candidate will offer:
- A minimum of 10 years in investment management, with a minimum of 5 years in a senior leadership role
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics or a related field is required
- A CFA designation is required
- Significant experience in the management of external money managers, risk management systems and analytical tools
- Superior leadership and strategic thinking skills
- Ability to take complex ideas and facts and translate them into easy to understand language for the various stakeholders.
For more information about the Saskatchewan Teachers’ Federation, visit their website at www.stf.sk.ca
More searches like this
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Asset Management CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Alternatives Asset Management CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Equities Asset Management CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Fixed Income Asset Management CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Multi-Asset Asset Management CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors