Investment Portfolio Manager
Job Title: Portfolio Manager – Norfolk, VA
Office Location: 150 West Main Street, Suite 1700, Norfolk, VA 23510
Reports to: Wayne F. Wilbanks, Managing Principal
Status: Full time
Date: May 1, 2018
Wilbanks Smith & Thomas (WST) is an asset management firm serving taxable, institutional, and intermediary clients. The firm is headquartered in Virginia with offices throughout the Mid-Atlantic and approximately $4 Billion in assets under management / advisement.
- Report to the Managing Principal and work closely with his clients and portfolio team to manage and grow existing client portfolios.
- Assist the entire firm in building the client base in the Mid-Atlantic region.
- As an Investment Committee member, work closely with the firm’s Director of Research in building investment themes and specific security ideas.
- Manage the firm’s alternative investment portfolio and build relationships with both current general partners and expand list of potential partners. Explore creating partnerships which will allow pooled investments for existing qualified clients.
- Pursue extensive due diligence in analyzing companies and alternative assets using interviews with primary sources, traditional financial modeling, expert networks, big data and other emerging tools as necessary. Work with Managing Principal in acquisition strategy and help identify prospective firms, structure deals, and help integrate into firm in coordination with the operations teams.
- Constantly challenge the Managing Principal and his partners to explore new and creative growth initiatives.
“Must Have” Qualifications:
- 4 years of investment experience with an established investment firm.
- MBA or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation.
- Success working with both institutional and retail clients in building long term relationships.
- Experience working in a smaller corporate environment that is highly entrepreneurial.
- Successful track record working with a wide variety of stakeholders in a complex investment business.
- Experience in basic corporate finance and ability to analyze firm’s equity structure involving acquisitions.
- Strong academic qualifications, including an advanced degree in business, finance, or technology related field.
- Familiarity with the following applications: Microsoft Office Suite, Bloomberg, FactSet, and Salesforce.
- Track record of innovation in an entrepreneurial investment company.
- Successful track record of institutional client relationship building.
- Track record working with complex asset allocation and portfolio construction optimization tools.
- Outstanding training in both fundamental and quantitative investment research techniques with prior firms that are considered thought leaders in the industry.
Please prepare your resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format and attach the file to your email - Send to email@example.com. Human Resources Department at Wilbanks Smith & Thomas Asset Management LLC, 150 West Main Street, Suite 1700, Norfolk, VA 23510. No phone inquiries will be accepted. Wilbanks, Smith & Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Personal & Professional Competencies:
- STRONG HEALTHY EGO – Having high self-esteem and self-confidence, balanced with an intimate knowledge of one’s strengths and limitations, balanced by a good sense of humor and sense of humility.
- CULTURAL ASTUTENESS – Possess a high self-awareness and the ability to adapt quickly to cultural differences, open to new ways of doing things, and able to adapt easily to new situations.
- INDEPENDENT THINKING – Making judgements and taking positions that are different from the prevailing view.
- TENANCITY/PERSISTENCE – Holding steadfastly to a view of what must be done, pursuing goals despite significant obstacles or resistance from others.
- DECISIVENESS – Making effective and timely decisions, even when information is limited, the outcomes are uncertain, or actions produce unpleasant consequences.
- DEVELOPING AND LEVERAGING RELATIONSHIPS – Creating and cultivating networks of people and using them to accomplish objectives.
- LEARNING AGILITY – Quickly absorbing new information and the significance of changes in dynamic situations.
- CANDOR – Being straightforward, frank, and direct with others, while communicating respect.
- COMPETITIVE DRIVE – Pushing oneself and the organization to be the best, dominant, most successful in the industry and to secure advantage against competitors.
- THRIVES ON CHALLENGE – Being attracted to first-time situations and stretch goals that put his/her abilities and those of the organization to the test.
More searches like this
- Economics Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Masters
- Equities Research: Buy Side Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Masters
- Equities Research: Sell Side Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Masters
- Fixed Income Research: Buy Side Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Masters
- Fixed Income Research: Sell Side Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Masters